Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Girish
Broadband 3G
Views: 5,942
Message 71 of 150

Re: Help! Defy keeps rebooting.

2.51.1 is for Europe and 3.6.360 is the US. Different regions have different conventions they use for the software builds.

Please do not just go by the numbers you see. Both are upgrades from the original software but for different regiions.

petersmithson
What's DOS?
Message 72 of 150

Got my phone 2 days ago. I did an update to the latest firmware (T-Mobile UK) on the day I got it.  I'm using the T-Mobile SIM that came with the locked phone.

Last night it went into a re-boot loop.  I think I was just looking at the battery settings at the time.  I un-installed all the apps I'd put on earlier in the day - no help.  Tried turning off WiFi and bluetooth.  Same thing.  Eventually it stayed up.  I had to turn it off at 5 am as it was telling me the battery was low.

This morning it was in a re-boot loop again until I put it on the charger for a bit.  Worked all the way to work and is now charging off the PC.  Then I found this thread!

So I don't think latest firmware updates have fixed this issue.

wota
What's DOS?
Message 73 of 150

Is there any word on how to fix this yet? I just got a Defy a couple days ago and it reboots constantly while I'm at work. All motorola support told me was to do a factory reset and if that doesn't work I should talk to T-mobile about a replacement. I tried the factory reset but that didn't help at all. Has anyone gotten a replacement andstill have the problem?

Thanks.

noaman
What's DOS?
Message 74 of 150

Dear wota, i fixed mine, just ask for a new SIM, ask for the latest type of SIM cards they have. it works 100%. Don't send your device for repair or replacement .... because your defy is fine.

gropes
What's DOS?
Message 75 of 150

I've solved it by following advice I read on a thread (why is it I can't paste here????):

on your dial paid enter *#*#4636#*#* then scroll to bottom of the menu "set preferred network type", choose "GSM only".

That's it! hasn't rebooted in 97 hours!

Scrannel
802.11n
Message 76 of 150

On the US phone at least, when you chose "GSM only" you can only get 2g.  "GSM auto prl" is required to get 3G. 

quixoticduck
What's DOS?
Message 77 of 150

Yeah mine keeps rebooting also, but less than once a day.  It stays on the T-Mobile screen for a while as well so its kinda annoying.

rbeier1221
Fanfold Paper
Message 78 of 150

I plan to try this while I am driving tonight. I have wifi at work and home and it never reboots, but as soon as I hit a certain area on my way to and from work it reboots. I tried it with airplane mode today and that fixed it so it is definitely data related, but if I want to use navigation airplane mode just won't cut it.

gropes wrote:

I've solved it by following advice I read on a thread (why is it I can't paste here????):

on your dial paid enter *#*#4636#*#* then scroll to bottom of the menu "set preferred network type", choose "GSM only".

That's it! hasn't rebooted in 97 hours!

ingram1225
What's DOS?
Message 79 of 150

i have the same exact problem as you to the T (no pun intended) except for one thing.... i never get 3G... stuck in an Edge world.   I have noticed that when im at home, with my wifi, the reboots don't happen nearly as often as when im not on wifi... ALSO when i leave my wifi nest, 100% of the times the phone will reboot. If i turn off wifi 90% of the times it will reboot. At work, i do have a weak signal due to concrete everywhere.

ingram1225
What's DOS?
Message 80 of 150

your onto something that i've noticed and im glad you have the facts to prove it... minus one thing...

at work is when i get the most reboots and the signal strength is the lowest all though at home i have full bars of EDGE and it reboots... but not nearly as often... then with wifi on, full strength mind you, hardly ever reboots

chaihg wrote:

Hi All, I wanted to point out that I was able to somewhat narrow down on the problem. When the phone does not get a good network signal and when it simulatneously tries to access data network (which the android phones are always doing), it enters into reboot. I tried for months trying to get to the core of the issue and this is what I concluded. If you want to replicate the issue, go to a low-signal or zero-signal area (i experimented in an elevator) and keep monitoring the signal strength in "Phone Status" under Settings. Once the signal reaches close to -113dbm +/- 2dbm (which is zero signal), the phone reboots.

I hope we are successful in pressurizing motorola to take a look at this.