Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Views: 1,618
Message 11 of 14

Re: How can I clean up the gallery app?

Hi rob-d,

these icons are stored in the internal memory of the phone in the media library.

Usually clearing cache and data of the media library helps, really not sure why it did not do the trick for you. Can you try that again, just to be sure?

Settings - Applications - Manage Applications - All - Media Storage - Clear Cache and data

I will ask around for you as well, hang tight.

Thanks,

Nicole

rob-d
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 14

G'Day Nicole

I have tried to clear the Cache before - and been unable to as it has been greyed out.

I have been reluctant to clear the data - as I am not sure what this will remove from the phone..!!

I could put up with the icons - but some of the financial records,spreadsheets, phone numbers, etc I dont want to loose.....

That said - I have now backed up the phone, after Clearing the data I now no longer have 500+ icons in the gallery.

I also have no pictures, and missed a couple of txt's as there was no ringtone.

My problem now is....if I reinstall from the backup...I expect I will probably get the icons back...??? Smiley Happy

Cheers

Rob

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 13 of 14

Hi rob-d,

You backed up the SD card just by copying it to the computer, correct? If you copy everything back and set everything correctly again (ringtone, for example) then you should be back to normal. As far as I recall, it does not delete any data files if you clear the data, but it deletes their link from the library.

Go on and copy it back and let me know.

Cheers,

Nicole

rob-d
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 14

G'Day Nicole

Mission acomplished..!!

I actually backed up everything using the Motorola Moto software as well.

It seems I did have to hit the "Clear Data" button in Media Storage....

The warning that comes up says it will permanently delete "all files, settings, accounds, databases and so on."

Hence my reluctance...!!!

Once I had cleared the data, I found my downloaded notification ringtones & a heap of other stuff were unavailable.

To fix this, I powered off & remove the card - power up & then  shutdown - reinsert the SD card, then restart the phone.

Everything rebuilt / reloaded, the notification ringtones were again available, and I now have 3 files in the gallery under Camera Roll...not 500+.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers

Rob