cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pestrit
What's DOS?
Views: 11,518
Message 1 of 25

How to unlock defy without blur account?

Hi all motofriends,

today i got crazy because of my Moto. I have Motorola Defy CEE edition - without BLUR account.

Today i borrowed Defy to my friend who tried to unlock the phone. After few unsuccessful attempts i got following message:

"Too many unlock attempts!" and i'm able to unlock it only with signing in with a Blur account. As Blur is not supportedf in my region (slovakia, central europe) i had never created the account. How can i unlock the phone? Is there any possibility?

I'm really furious about this situation, how can motorola create such crapy unlocking procedure? Unlock the phone with blur in region where blur is not supported.....

Thanks for any help,

Stanley

pestrit
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 25

Re: How to unlock defy without blur account?

any idea except restoring factory defaults and wiping the phone?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 3 of 25

I am sorry you are having this issue. If someone had stolen the phone, you would probably be happy about this.

If the message has not timed out after this long, then a reset may be your only option. Let me see if anyone else has any ideas.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
pestrit
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 25

i'm sure it is good idea to lock phone but i'm not complaining about the fact it's locking the phone after few  unsuccessfull attempts. Please, read my post again. I'm complaining about the fact that it's possible to unlock it ONLY with blur account although the account wasn't created on the device. I bought a brand new mobile from motorola reseller and as here in Slovakia Blur is not supported, i haven't created (had no possibility to create) the account and therefore there seems to be no possibility to unlock it without wiping the phone. that's total motofailure

s.

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 5 of 25

@svacko

If your phone was a non-BLUR phone it would not ask you for a BLUR login when you turned it on.  You can have a BLUR phone in any country as BLUR is independent of location and rather based on the phone's pre-loaded software. If it has not been used previously it would ask you to create an account or log into an existing account at first power up.  If an account already exists on the device then it would ask you to re-authenticate the account based on the username and password. If you don't know it we assume that the device is not in the hands of the original user. For privacy purposes the only way you can get access then is to factory data reset the phone. Since you haven't ever used the phone before you would want to establish your account so a Factory Data Reset is optimal anyway by the sounds of it.

I looked up the IMEI number you provided in your forum profile and it wasn't found. Can you verify that the number is correct?

Would you mind posting a screenshot of what you are seeing so we can verify that we're providing the best solution?

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Scrannel
802.11n
Message 6 of 25

Hey Svacko.  It used to be perfectly OK to just go out and buy a phone that worked on a specific network even if not an "official" (branded) network phone.  Your post is a good example of why this is becoming more problematical.  When I had an "official" t-mo G1 I was told by t-mo if I did what your friend did to your phone, I could call t-mo and they would unlock it.  Now, not sure if their version of "unlock" was a reset as well.  But you have to look at it from the point of view of security: if someone with a stolen phone could just call a provider and get it unlocked... that's pretty lousy security.  Honestly I don't see how this is a failure on the part of Moto.  Maybe the non-Blur versions of Defy use Google accounts instead of Blur (as suggested to you on the developer's forum).  I know, that didn't help you, but perhaps the non-Blur phones do work that way?  Have you at least tried calling Moto?

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 7 of 25

@svacko

Let's confirm as well. Are you trying to subsidy unlock the phone to use with a service provider other than the phone's original intended service provider or are you using the phone with its intended service provider and see a BLUR login screen.  The screenshot will help clarify this.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
pestrit
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 25

Attaching file "14112011415.jpg" (406KB)
pestrit
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 25

Attaching file "14112011414.jpg" (356KB)
pestrit
What's DOS?
Views: 11,517
Message 8 of 25

Hi scrannel and Mark,

thanks for all your effort

IMEI in my profile is correct - i'm attaching screenshot with IMEI displayed on the screen, you could checkit on your own.

I bought the phone as a brand new one from official slovak motorola reseller so nobody was using the phone before. i've never created the Blur profile -i'm using only 2 email accounts and none of them is registered on

https://portal-moto.svcmot.com/moto-web-portal/ so i'm sure i couldn't forgot my credentials.

I've never rooted the phone, just did an update from Eclair to Froyo (2.2).

Thanks,

Stanley

14112011415.jpg

(picture with IMEI was removed by me)

moto.png