cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 6,515
Message 11 of 25

Re: How to unlock defy without blur account?

@svacko

Can you verify that the IMEI you see on the screen matches the label on the phone beneath the battery?

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
pestrit
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 25

@mark: yes, it's the same:

(photo in original post was removed by me)

Moto Emeritus
Message 13 of 25

@svacko

Let me check into this. I can't promise you won't have to do a reset but I want to have someone take a look to see why I'm not seeing that phone.

Couple more questions.

1. Did you have access to the phone previously? I saw you mentioned you did an upgrade to Android 2.2 Was this done via USB cable or over the air? Did this error happen after the upgrade?

2. What was the last thing you did before you had this error? Did it happen the first time you put the SIM in the phone? Happen after you took your SIM out and tried another SIM?

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
pestrit
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 25

Mark,

no problem, i'm now at peace with resetting the phone but still hope there is some chance

1. yes, i'm using the phone from end of june 2011.

upgrade was done cca in july 2011 using usb cable.

yes, the problem occured two days ago while the phone was running upgraded Froyo 2.2 for more than 4 months

2.as i wrote in the first post:

a. phone was running without problems, it was normaly connected to the network operator, locked with visible pattern (defined by me),sleeping. Any security app was installed on the system.

once upon a time, my cousin came to visit my family and he wanted to play with the phone. so i told him, he could play with it only if he will guess the visible lock pattern. so he tried it 3 times. then the phone was locked for 30 seconds. Then he tried to guess it again,again and after a while he gave me the phone with the words, that he didn't guess the visible lock pattern but the phone wants from him to insert some credentials - the same as you can see on the first picture ('Too many...')

I've used only one (my) SIM card in the phone and i didn't changed SIM card in the phone before.

From my point of view, there is some bug in unlocking procedure that despite the fact you haven't created blur account, the phone asks you to insert credentials of the blur account. I think, correctly it should check for accounts you have set up on the phone and then consider which credentials to ask for. I

Moto Emeritus
Message 15 of 25

@svacko

Thanks for the additional detail. Much appreciated!

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Moto Emeritus
Message 16 of 25

@svacko

I think the only option is to reset. Sorry!

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Mto
Bit Torrent
Message 17 of 25

I've tried it myself with the same software you're using. When setting up a pattern lock it warned me that I should set up a Google account in order to recover the phone in case i forgot the pattern.

At first i had 5 faulty tries, then the phone was locked for 30 seconds.

I could try again 2 times, then had to wait another 30 seconds, another try, another 30 seconds wait.

Now it had failed 10 times and i had to wait another 30 seconds.

Another 3 tries, another 30 seconds...

1 more try, 30 seconds wait.

Now having failed for 15 times i got a requester saying:

"You have failed 15 times to unlock your phone. After 5 more unsuccessful attempts, you will be asked to unlock your phone using your Google sign-in. Please try again in 30 seconds", see:

http://i40.tinypic.com/8zlf6q.jpg

1 more failed try, 30 second wait...

4 more tries and I finally came to the Blur account requester you mentioned:

I've entered my Google Account name and passwor as announced in the previous requester and could set up a new unlock pattern, and could access my phone again.

during the whole procedure i've had the "forgotten pattern" button in the lower right corner.

tl;dr:

Use your Google account to sign in, despite the requester asking for the MotoBlur account.

svacko wrote:

Mark,

no problem, i'm now at peace with resetting the phone but still hope there is some chance

1. yes, i'm using the phone from end of june 2011.

upgrade was done cca in july 2011 using usb cable.

yes, the problem occured two days ago while the phone was running upgraded Froyo 2.2 for more than 4 months

2.as i wrote in the first post:

a. phone was running without problems, it was normaly connected to the network operator, locked with visible pattern (defined by me),sleeping. Any security app was installed on the system.

once upon a time, my cousin came to visit my family and he wanted to play with the phone. so i told him, he could play with it only if he will guess the visible lock pattern. so he tried it 3 times. then the phone was locked for 30 seconds. Then he tried to guess it again,again and after a while he gave me the phone with the words, that he didn't guess the visible lock pattern but the phone wants from him to insert some credentials - the same as you can see on the first picture ('Too many...')

I've used only one (my) SIM card in the phone and i didn't changed SIM card in the phone before.

From my point of view, there is some bug in unlocking procedure that despite the fact you haven't created blur account, the phone asks you to insert credentials of the blur account. I think, correctly it should check for accounts you have set up on the phone and then consider which credentials to ask for. I

pestrit
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 25

Hello TRose,

thanks very much for your effort, but i've tried to sign-in and unlock the phone using my Google account multiple times without success..it simply does not accept any account except the Blur one.

I have to say goodbye to my actual phone data (data from microsd card are backed up) and going to wipe it..

Nevertheless, thanks for all helpful attempts

Stanley

Mto
Bit Torrent
Message 19 of 25

Thanks for the feedback. That's strange. Using the Google Account worked fine for me. Now the only difference between our phones is that mine was not updated from 2.1 and has been master reset before the test, so there might have been some account data left from 2.1 which in your case confused the phone's account data.

Could you try the same pattern lock fail test again, right after resetting your phone? Would be helpful for us both to confirm the issue has been fixed by a master reset, just in case your cousin gets hold of your phone again.

Thanks very much.

svacko wrote:

Hello TRose,

thanks very much for your effort, but i've tried to sign-in and unlock the phone using my Google account multiple times without success..it simply does not accept any account except the Blur one.

I have to say goodbye to my actual phone data (data from microsd card are backed up) and going to wipe it..

Nevertheless, thanks for all helpful attempts

Stanley

pestrit
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 25

I've done factory reset and wipe all the data and started from 0 and what's more, i've found most probable cause of the problem - 2-step Google authentication.

Listen:

Now after wiping the phone i had to sign in using my google account, inserted credentials. Login failed! and then 'blink' - i've setup 2step google authentication to login to my google account! That was the problem, OMG! I disabled it and i signed successfully to my completely new & clean phone Well, shit happens...I should have tried to disable it before, i wouldn't had lost my data

So, thanks Mark, TRose, scrannel and AlphaDog - fault was at my site, i was too paranoid and not so clever to realize that problem could be connected to this increased google security feature..

Have a nice day,

Stanley