cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Views: 3,666
Message 21 of 25

Re: How to unlock defy without blur account?

@Stanley

Sorry it came to that but I'm glad you're going to get it working again. 

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 22 of 25

svacko wrote:

I've done factory reset and wipe all the data and started from 0 and what's more, i've found most probable cause of the problem - 2-step Google authentication.

Listen:

Now after wiping the phone i had to sign in using my google account, inserted credentials. Login failed! and then 'blink' - i've setup 2step google authentication to login to my google account! That was the problem, OMG! I disabled it and i signed successfully to my completely new & clean phone Well, **** happens...I should have tried to disable it before, i wouldn't had lost my data

So, thanks Mark, TRose, scrannel and AlphaDog - fault was at my site, i was too paranoid and not so clever to realize that problem could be connected to this increased google security feature..

Have a nice day,

Stanley

And thanks for reporting back.. this will help us if we ever run into lockout recovery that doesn't work. I didn't even know Google had a 2-step auth. Now i have something new to look up.

But it probably doesn't help that the screen is asking for a BLUR account.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Scrannel
802.11n
Message 23 of 25

Thanks for giving us all the details of what you went through.  This is the first "in-depth" thread I've read on the security process. 

mayank11
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 25

hi all

my motoroal defy has been locked and is asking for some blur account login, which i dont remember or am not sure of

Kindly help me unlock my mobile

imei 354708040263709

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 25 of 25

Hi mayank,

Do you know why it locked itself? Did you put a different SIM card in it?

If so, put the old SIM card back and then you can reset your password as offered by your phone.

If it locked itself for a different reason then it would be neccessary to reset your phone to factory settings. This will erase everything on the phone.

Cheers,

Nicole