Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melfin
What's DOS?
Views: 2,842
Message 1 of 7

MB525 - photo time stamp is wrong

Is there a way to correct the time stamp on the photos?  Each photo is named with yyyy-mm-dd_hh-mm-ss_xxx.jpg (I am not sure what the xxx is, but can work out the rest of it being the date and time.

The time in the photo file name shows as the same time/date the photo was taken when I use the file manager on my phone (bought in the UK originally).

I am now in NZ, when I access the dcim folder on the phone via my computer, the 'Date modified' shows an hour into the future, and the 'Date' actually shows 12 hours before the photo was taken.  So a photo taken at 1800 (6pm) shows as 0600 (6am).

I take photos with my phone, my digital camera and my husband's phone and when I put them all onto the computer I sort them by date/time taken so I can number them all in order - with the Defy being 12 hours out it mucks it all up and I have to keep remembering that photos it shows that were taken after midday where actually taken the next day, not the day it shows up as.

Is this a known fault and/or is there a way to fix it please?

I've included a screenshot of a photo taken at 1809 (6.09pm) and the different times that it shows, with the current clock time on the computer as well.

The date/time on the phone under Settings>Date & time is set to the correct time zone (GMT +12:00, New Zealand Standard time), the only thing I don't have selected is Automatic to use the network provided values, however I have tried this and it makes no difference (even after restarting).

Thanks

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Views: 2,842
Message 2 of 7

Re: MB525 - photo time stamp is wrong

Hey melfin,

Is your computer set on UK time zone by any chance?

When you download another gallery application, does that still happen?

Cheers,

Nicole

melfin
What's DOS?
Views: 2,841
Message 3 of 7

Hi Nicole

Thanks for your response.  The computer is set to '(UTC + 12:00) Auckland, Wellington'.  See attached image showing local (NZ) time and London time.

When I copied photos from other phones and camera SD cards all the time stamps on these are correct according to local time.  One of the other phones was also purchased in the UK (Samsung Galaxy SIII) but this also shows the correct local time stamp on the image files.

Hope you can help further.

Many thanks

Melissa

Highlighted
MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Views: 2,841
Message 4 of 7

Hi melfin,

Does it help to download apps like ICS gallery and ICS camera? We are looking at the way how the time stamps are created and maybe this would help.

Cheers,

Nicole

melfin
What's DOS?
Views: 2,840
Message 5 of 7

Hi Nicole

I'm not sure how the gallery would help, but I downloaded the camera to try that to see if it was the app or the phone.  I think it is the phone that is the problem.

See attached screenshot which shows to images, taken at 09:51 local time.  The image names actually include the correct time stamps (095131 and 095201) but the date modified shows an hour into the future (?) and the date [date taken?] shows as 12 hours previously, so GMT time (not even British Summer Time as it is currently 22:57 on 1 May there now).

I found this, is it the same thing?  There was no response as to whether it was fixed and wonder if it is just always using GMT regardless of what time zone the phone is set to?

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/0a04157b20

Thanks

Melissa

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 6 of 7

Hi melfin,

I did a bit of reasearch and I am afraid that this is a bug that some users experience. It has been forwarded to the product team back then, but there has been no update until now - sorry.

Cheers,

Nicole

melfin
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 7

Hi Nicole

Thanks for your time and for looking into this for me.  At least I know it's a bug that I can't do anything to fix, and will just have to live with it until I decide to get a new phone I guess.

Regards

Melissa

Top Kudoed Posts
Top Kudoed Authors