Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsarres
What's DOS?
Views: 4,326
Message 1 of 8

Motoblur Twitter not updating

I created a new twitter account, and removed my old twitter account from twitter and from Motoblur. Then I added my new twitter account to motoblur. The issue is that this new twitter account is not updating all the Happenings on the widget. The password is right, it is accepted by Motoblur, and sometimes a tweet appears on the widget, but I am only receiving like 1% of all the tweets I should be receiving throught motoblur. I did a factory reset on my Defy 2.2 and the issue continues. I think something in my motoblur account is broken.

Is there any motoblur admin out there that could take a look?

Chillawowa
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 8

Re: Motoblur Twitter not updating

Hi,

I've hour the same problem. Neither Twitter not Facebook are showing any updates. Posting updates is also not possible and contacts from the Facebook sync is also inactive.

Could this be due to motorola blur servers?

Moritz
Mark72nd
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 8

Same issue here. Facebook, Twitter, and LInkedIn no longer update though Social Networking. Worked flawlessly for the first few months and then suddenly stopped. Did several Factory Resets and Hard Resets (via power and volume buttone) with no success. Mark

polendo1
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 8

Same here. No updates neither twitter nor linkedin since 1 week now. I´m on 2.3.5, Defy+. I can post new happenings but can not receive any tweets or linkedin updates. The good news is that obviously I´m not the only one and my first suspicion was a problem on my phone settings (I also reset the phone 2 times). Now the bad news. I happen to own a Motorola DEXT MB200 which DIDN'T sync one week ago.. just like the Defy+. But now this very morning I tried it again and the MB200 does syncs correctly (at least twitter). The MB526 still doesn´t. Maybe just maybe, the solution is around the corner.

I started to work out the problem and I think the source of it comes from the address book not syncing with the twitter/linkedin/etc services. Looks like the address book doesn´t have the service´s contacts and hence the widget or motoblur app doesn´t have anything to report. Hopefully this is taken care on.

regards,

Mark72nd
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 8

@polendo

I experienced the same thing you did this morning: my Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn updates started appearing again! It has been working for several hours now, so like you, I hope this is a good sign that the issue has been resolved.

Mark

polendo1
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 8

hi boys and girls... this afternoon it started working normally. How about yours?

regards

pole

space1999
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 8

This has just started happening on my phone, system version 45.0.2310.MB526.Retail.en.GB. Worked fine until March the 21st. I havent had an twitter update since then.

Anyone from motorola have anything to share on this issue?

space1999
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 8

^ This started working again for a couple of days (mon-tue 26th-27th), but yesterday (wed 28th) it stopped updating again, and today (thu 29th) there are still no updates. What is going on? I'm getting my emails and hotmail through, but not twitter or youtube updates?

EDIT: Is there perhaps social networking option that allows you to change how frequent the updates happen? I cant find one in the social networking options.

PS. Does anyone at Motorola read this forum? Am I wasting my time posting my defy+ phone issues and questions here? Just looking back through the first couple of pages of topics its apparent that there are barely any official responses from moto employees about Defy owners problems.. Is there a better channel to go through or something to get support for my phone?