when i open MPP in IE9 as i click file manager ask me user name & passport

what i must do?

thanks

space1999
What's DOS?
Views: 6,015
Message 2 of 7

Re: Motorola Phone Portal: Asking me for username and password

I'm having the same problem. The Motorola Phone Portal (MPP) asks for user name and password. I input my user name and password and just get a message stating "Login Failed. Try again." (See image attachment below) Is the MPP user name and password the same I use for my Motoblur account? Becuase thats what I am using and it doesnt work.

I followed all of the steps in the knowledge base: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/50753,  but as anyone can see, the article is incomplete, it comes to a stop at the point where my problem starts. It doesnt explain what user name or password needs to be input. It certainly is not the one we created for our motoblur accounts. 

PS. Tried it first with Google's Chrome browser and then in IE9, but doesnt work in either browser. And I am certain I havent created any other passwords other than the one I wrote down for my motoblur account. If anyone has any more info on this topic it would be appreciatted. I quite like the phone, but its a nightmare finding out how everything works, and the online manual PDF doesnt really go into much detail for my Defy+. The forum search function here isnt great either, nor is the knowledge base. I think most problems users have with their mobiles would be a non-issues if support information and device documentation was handled better.

Mark_Emeritus Moto Emeritus
Moto Emeritus
Message 3 of 7

Looks like you turned on Secure Login. When you get to step 5 in the FAQ. Press the Menu button(4 boxes) on your phone. Then Select Settings > Secure Login > Uncheck Enable login or view your username and password from that screen to remember what you need to login with. MOTOBLUR username and password are unrelated to Motorola Phone Portal.

Mark
Support Forums Manager 

Mark
Former Employee
space1999
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 7

Thank you mark, that has sorted my problem. I don’t remember creating a password for that security measure.. can I just overwrite the password on my phone, by inputting another password if I ever want to activate the feature again?

DefStef
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 7

Great, at least I am not the only one with this problem! Unfortunately I didn't really understand Mark's answer. What did he mean with "When you get to step 5 in the FAQ."??? Which FAQs??? In the help-files? point 5 there was only about the screen lock. Switching that one off didn't help at all. 

I also pressed the menu-button directly on the homesceen, I have chosen settings, but then ther was no point "Secure login". so nothing to uncheck, no password, no access to the phone portal...

I really start to get anoid...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance! DefStef 

Mto
Bit Torrent
Message 6 of 7

Go to the app folder and open the "Phone Portal" app.

Tap the menu button and select "Settings"

Tap on "Secure login"

Deselect "Enable login"

If you don't want the security warning, deselect "Show warning"

From now on the Phone Portal shouldn't ask for login credentials any more.

DefStef said:

Great, at least I am not the only one with this problem! Unfortunately I didn't really understand Mark's answer. What did he mean with "When you get to step 5 in the FAQ."??? Which FAQs??? In the help-files? point 5 there was only about the screen lock. Switching that one off didn't help at all. 

I also pressed the menu-button directly on the homesceen, I have chosen settings, but then ther was no point "Secure login". so nothing to uncheck, no password, no access to the phone portal...

I really start to get anoid...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance! DefStef 

Tarpe
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 7

Mark (Forums Manager) said:

Looks like you turned on Secure Login. When you get to step 5 in the FAQ. Press the Menu button(4 boxes) on your phone. Then Select Settings > Secure Login > Uncheck Enable login or view your username and password from that screen to remember what you need to login with. MOTOBLUR username and password are unrelated to Motorola Phone Portal.

Mark

Support Forums Manager 

View original

Hi Mark,

Sorry to disturb you, but i found this old topic relating to my problem with Motorola Milestone 2, version 2.2.2 (it's old, i know). Twelve hours ago, my Option bar, Home, Back and Search bars wont work for some reason. Every time i press it, it selects what is above it, for example, i press home bar, and i select Menu (because it is in the middle), and if i press it again, selects what is in that same plane. I asked around my friends, and no one seems to know what the problem is. Now, i was trying to backup my data, like messages, contacts, etc., because i want to try factory reset, but i can't connect to this Phone Portal because i can't  deselect that thing you mentioned above, because my Option bar does not work!

So my question is, better to say, my questions are:

1. is this problem with software or hardware, or have you heard anything like that before?

2. Is there any easy way to backup my data, like "copy this folder, and your messages, contacts etc will be saved"? (i am dentist, not IT guy) Smiley Happy

Thank you for your time, and thank you in advance for a reply!