cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masterwebmeiste
What's DOS?
Views: 5,913
Message 1 of 14

Put your Defy (android 2.2) problem here.(good news for defy user, read my 2nd post)

Hi,

we all know Motorola Defy is they best product found in the market (m serious), but having advance configuration (800mhz processor & 512 RAM)

dosnt insure best perfomance because operating system play most important role in comunicating with the hardware & providing optimal speed from that device.

i personally have seen many devices of other companies performing better than Defy even at low harware configuration. being computer engg i can claim litlebit knowledge about Android celphone device too.

motorola came up with Android 2.2 this version was sure better than earlier but the performance of it is NOT OPTIMAL, as i said earlier other companies devices performe better than Defy (2.2) even at low hadware configuration.

So basic i dea about starting this discusion is to know users complaint about Defy (Android 2.2) version so companies might can take it into consideration while providing android 2.3 version for Defy.

Here i start with problem of My Defy.

1) Google map problem, many time cell slows downs & freeze too.

2) aplication runing in background eat too much of RAM hence slow perfomance ecen task manager doesnt work always hence only option remains is restarting cellphone

3)Preinstalled aplication like cardio, Car dock etc i dont use those but they sill automatically restart even after force stop from Task manager. there should be exit option to stop aplicatio runing in back ground.

4) this aplication runing in background also eat battery perfomance.

5) cellphone slow down as time pass by.  dont know may be cache issue.

agvg
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 14

Re: Put your Defy (android 2.2) problem here.(good news for defy user, read my 2nd post)

I have big problems when some app tryes to use the GPS, often the phone hangs for several minutes, sometimes I have to pull out the battery to reboot it.

It must be rebootet two times a day anyway as it gets very slow and useless a it taks a minute or two befor it responds to toch input.

It also reboots or goes offline by it self.

It runs 2.2.2 and I havent found any upgrades to it, is this the latest SW version?

Moto_Version.34.177.5.MB525.Retail.en.ND

sukh
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 14

Re: Put your Defy (android 2.2) problem here.(good news for defy user, read my 2nd post)

Having big problems with Google Maps too. Gets very slow and freezes within a few minutes of use.

I have heard that the upgrade to 2.2 is to blame. Please could Motorola either fix this bug in 2.2 or let Defy users upgrade to the same 2.3 platform as new Defy + users will have. (Assuming of course that 2.3 doesn't encounter these bugs).

bloomark
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 14

Google Maps seemse to be a common problem for everyone, including myself.

Also, when I'm typing in landscape mode; I can't double tao and select individual words and can't long press and select the entire text either. I have to erase everytime i make a typo.

Nine
Token Ring
Message 5 of 14

Regarding the Google Maps issue, it seems that Motorola is really not interested in fixing the bug for the original Defy. Myself and others have simply and easily fixed the issue by rooting, even though the how-tos cannot be discussed within this forum. See my last post in this thread https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/460883?tstart=30#460883

agvg
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 14

I cant understand why Motorola dont push an update on this and fix this bug, why on earth sould a Defy customer buy a new Motorola when they dont care at all? Where is the logic behind it?

Nine
Token Ring
Message 7 of 14

No money in it, Agvg. They've had our Defy cash and it seems that they are not prepared to support it further in order to get it to work as it should. Plus, it draws a convenient line under the whole sorry tale of the unit and they can 'start afresh' with the Defy+

"(quiet mumbling marketing person) the original Defy may have had slight teething troubles but... (suddenly bright shiny loud voice) ...LOOK at our LOVELY and WORKING and HIGHLY-PURCHASEABLE Defy+"

masterwebmeiste
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 14

Guys there is 2.3 version in process for defy but not any official has admit it, beside that in near future i think we can put OS of our choice in our cellphone, this war is started by microsoft (according to windows 8 launch report)  i am sure google (Android maker) will also participate in it, & as we used to upgrade OS in our computer by paying fees like that we gona get cellphone OS in future,  Its nice strategy of google to earn through selling OS for cellophone.

well i dont about others but i will be happy to get one of those. Cheers!!

Nine
Token Ring
Message 9 of 14

The problem is blame, Vishal Karade - if you fiddle with the OS in your phone and it goes wrong then neither the carrier or the manufacturer wants to get involved - who should bear the cost of putting it right? I bought an unlocked UK Defy which is tied to no carrier, and therefore (if I am willing to accept the reponsibility if I brick it) I should be allowed to do whatever the hell I like to my device.

Again, I strongly recommend those having Google Maps issues to look in to rooting their Defy. Rooting does not mean that you cause all sort of havoc behind-the-scenes, for me it allows me to run a small root-only piece of software to temporarily change just one memory value. It has sorted out pretty much every freezing, lagging and Maps issue and made my Defy what it should have been. When I combine this with the excellent battery life provided by also buying and rotating an extra two extremely-cheap but excellent-quality generic Defy batteries, I'm really not too bothered about the no-2.3 policy. The unit simply works as it should do.

masterwebmeiste
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 14

Hope of new life to your old android Device.
http://vishalkarde.blogspot.in/2012/03/hope-of-new-life-to-your-old-android.html