cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masterwebmeiste
What's DOS?
Views: 2,709
Message 11 of 14

Re: Put your Defy (android 2.2) problem here.(good news for defy user, read my 2nd post)

Nine said:

The problem is blame, Vishal Karade - if you fiddle with the OS in your phone and it goes wrong then neither the carrier or the manufacturer wants to get involved - who should bear the cost of putting it right? I bought an unlocked UK Defy which is tied to no carrier, and therefore (if I am willing to accept the reponsibility if I brick it) I should be allowed to do whatever the hell I like to my device.

Again, I strongly recommend those having Google Maps issues to look in to rooting their Defy. Rooting does not mean that you cause all sort of havoc behind-the-scenes, for me it allows me to run a small root-only piece of software to temporarily change just one memory value. It has sorted out pretty much every freezing, lagging and Maps issue and made my Defy what it should have been. When I combine this with the excellent battery life provided by also buying and rotating an extra two extremely-cheap but excellent-quality generic Defy batteries, I'm really not too bothered about the no-2.3 policy. The unit simply works as it should do.

Hope of new life to your old android Device.
http://vishalkarde.blogspot.in/2012/03/hope-of-new-life-to-your-old-android.html
masterwebmeiste
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 14

Re: Put your Defy (android 2.2) problem here.(good news for defy user, read my 2nd post)

Nine said:

The problem is blame, Vishal Karade - if you fiddle with the OS in your phone and it goes wrong then neither the carrier or the manufacturer wants to get involved - who should bear the cost of putting it right? I bought an unlocked UK Defy which is tied to no carrier, and therefore (if I am willing to accept the reponsibility if I brick it) I should be allowed to do whatever the hell I like to my device.

Again, I strongly recommend those having Google Maps issues to look in to rooting their Defy. Rooting does not mean that you cause all sort of havoc behind-the-scenes, for me it allows me to run a small root-only piece of software to temporarily change just one memory value. It has sorted out pretty much every freezing, lagging and Maps issue and made my Defy what it should have been. When I combine this with the excellent battery life provided by also buying and rotating an extra two extremely-cheap but excellent-quality generic Defy batteries, I'm really not too bothered about the no-2.3 policy. The unit simply works as it should do.

http://vishalkarde.blogspot.in/2012/03/hope-of-new-life-to-your-old-android.html
masterwebmeiste
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 14

Nine said:

No money in it, Agvg. They've had our Defy cash and it seems that they are not prepared to support it further in order to get it to work as it should. Plus, it draws a convenient line under the whole sorry tale of the unit and they can 'start afresh' with the Defy+

"(quiet mumbling marketing person) the original Defy may have had slight teething troubles but... (suddenly bright shiny loud voice) ...LOOK at our LOVELY and WORKING and HIGHLY-PURCHASEABLE Defy+"

masterwebmeiste
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 14

agvg said:

I cant understand why Motorola dont push an update on this and fix this bug, why on earth sould a Defy customer buy a new Motorola when they dont care at all? Where is the logic behind it?