Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ohnjay
What's DOS?
Views: 2,297
Message 1 of 4

Unsolicited App

This may not be a Defy issue, but it does seem to happen only on the Defy.

In the last few days an app called "Revolver TV" has appeared in my installed application list. It has also appeared on my wifes Defy. I checked the comments for that app on Google Play, and there are several from other Defy owners, also complaining that it suddenly appeared without being downloaded.

The big problem is, there is no option to uninstall this app. 

Any ideas about how this may have come about? It seems strange that it doesn't seem to have affected othe models.

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unsolicited App

This app has always been on the DEFY since first release; it has just been hidden. It's possible a recent update to the application made it appear on the list.

Was never quite sure why it was there, but there's several others as well that you don't normally see.

ohnjay
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the quick answer. I'm angry now. I can see no legitimate reason for Motorola to put hidden apps on my phone. I paid for it, I own it, so I should have full control over what apps are installed.

drunkryder
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 4

Sealedlet me clear this for you,first that is not an unsolicited app at all,actually that is an sub app like es musica or rock on altitude wich they are accessed by connected music player only at user interaction providing a framework for theyr specific web site location.More understandable:they are shortcuts and interfaces for several music videos website,s to display within connected music player mainframe,they dont randomly start unless you specifically access them