Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
allknightlong
What's DOS?
Views: 3,015
Message 1 of 4

can't register serial no. or motoblur/motocast

three days ago I purchased a motorola defy plus with motoblur. The device is functioning with the local provider (Optus) and online services seem to be OK except when I try to register my device. when I try to do that  note appears showing "out of warranty". Also whenever I try to access motocast I'm told I dont have a device registered. HELP!

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 2 of 4

Re: can't register serial no. or motoblur/motocast

Hi allknightlong,

I just checked your serial number in the system and everything seems fine with your Motoblur Account.

Where would you like to register your device, could you give me the link?

Could you as well give me the link to where you try to sign up for Motocast?

Cheers,

Nicole

allknightlong
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 4

Hi there Nicole. You're a gem. Thanks for taking an interest in my problem.

It seems to have arisen from my breaking a long held habitb by  shoppimg for price and not quality. We live and we learn.

I purchased from an unknown eBay trader who sold me a new Malaysian made and configured Motorola Defy+. The eBay site was eBay Australia and the delivery address was Australian as was the mode of payment. Read the very fine print!

I have had Motorola phones for years and their reliability has been great, I have never had to rely on a warranty. I still won't be relying on a local warranty. In this situation despite Motorola making the phone in Malaysia and it being available for sale in Australia, purchased in Australia, paid for in and delivered to Australia, it does not have an Australian warranty. Lets hope I don't need it.

Francis from Motorola fixed the Motoblus and Motocast problems for me in a VERY long online session. He also largely regained the custom of this previously loyal Aussie Motorola user.

Hello Moto from Oz.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 4 of 4

Hi allknightlong,

Great to hear that this all seems resolved now for you.

I did see that the warranty code of your phone was Malaysian, but I was not sure if that would have been an issue with Motocast and Motoblur. It is though with the warranty, Asian units mostly cannot be repaired in Europe either, not sure why.

If you run into any other issues let me know.

Cheers,

Nicooe