Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Girish
Broadband 3G
Views: 541
Message 11 of 55

Re: Haptic Feedback Won't Turn Off

We have indeed confirmed that this is due to a bug and we will get this fixed. I just wanted to ACK your issue so that you know about it being fixed  and we hope that you won't return the phone because of this issue. Thank  you.

Now, I know that the next question will be when and if it will be fixed for an upgrade and if we will have an upgrade etc You will have to wait to find out if/when etc about the upgrade.

eltufto
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 55

Thank you so much, you've been extremely helpful. Not to worry about returning the phone, thankfully the defy is proving to be such a great little device it's been getting easier to overlook the haptic issue :-)

DSkiGone
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 55

Yeah, I experience the same problem.

I usually turn it off to save the battery on my phone and just to save the vibrator itself for when it's really needed.

Nex
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 55

Just to add, I have only had the Defy for a few hours now and I find the haptic feedback annoying and disconcerting.  If it can't be turned off, I can't keep the phone, unfortunately, I'll have to send it back to amazon for a refund.

Otherwise, from what I have seen so far, it's a great phone, really what I was after, feature/price wise.  This bug has been around some time it seems on other models, so I'm not terrible hopefully it will be addressed on the Defy soon enough.

Scrannel
802.11n
Message 15 of 55

This seems like such a strange issue for people to worry about.  It doesn't appear to be a bug.  On my phone I can shut it off for anything but the four bottom buttons and the screen unlock.  And, when those buttons are not illuminated, it's helpful.

Nex
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 55

I agree this is not going to bother everyone, though have a look at the end of that link I included and you can see there are people out there that consider this a problem.

Without any firm plans to change this "feature", though it may seem trivial, I'll most likely be returning the phone, shame really, it was my first smartphone.

eltufto
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 55

See the last correspondence from Girish, whom I'm assume is a motorola employee. He confirms it is a bug and they are working on a fix

Girish
Broadband 3G
Message 18 of 55

Like I mentioned earlier, this behavior is defined differently on different phones. Some folks prefer it and some don't prefer it. Yes, I am a Motorola engineer and we are working to resolve this to your satisfaction. However, please bear in mind that we cannot go about giving definite plans to fix each and every bug as I am allowed to share some information on the forums but not all info that I am privy to. Hope you understand. It would really be disappointing to loose a valuable customer because of this feature though. We hope you guys will hang in there with some patience. Thank you.

Scrannel
802.11n
Message 19 of 55

I am neither a Motorola nor a T-Mobile employee, but I would suggest you pop by some of the other forums on T-Mo and have a look at the issues some of the other phones are having before you jump ship.  Just a friendly suggestion...

ShashiK
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 55

I had this same problem when I bought the phone yesterday..... it was driving me nuts, since it was vibrating on items on the screens (soft buttons).   I left the setting for Haptic turned off overnight and then needed to check my MicroSD card today, so I turned the phone ALL the way off and removed the battery.  Once I replaced the battery and rebooted, now only the four buttons at the bottom (hard) are vibrating and the problem appears to be resolved.  Hope this is helpful!!