Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nemov
What's DOS?
Views: 332
Message 21 of 55

Re: Haptic Feedback Won't Turn Off

I've had my Defy for one week, and this was the first thing I tried to change. I appreciate that some folks may like to have the vibrate feedback, but for me it feels like a little shock everytime i touch the home key. I'm really pleased that there will be a fix, because I was thinking of returning the phone and going back to Apple Iphone. I also agree that this must be a bug, since the menu does suggest that all vibrate functions will be turned off, including certain UI functions. I am sure the home botton is the main User Interface button on the phone, so even more important that this is easy to switch off.

Any idea when the bug could be fixed? or should I disable the vibrator manually!?

Many thanks for support from you guys at Motorola - great forum!!

emenhx
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 55

I want that option to do what it say as well and turn off the damn vibrate for the four soft keys. I don't like that it uses power and a mechanical event when not needed for my preference. Fix it soon Moto.

nemov
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 55

I sent my Motorola Defy back to Motorola to have two problems fixed: This issue with turning off vibrate function, and also even more crucial - the wirless chip which seems to enjoy switching itself off several times per day. My defy has been returned to me, with neither of these problems solved. Not very impressive at all.

rabpaul
Token Ring
Message 24 of 55

scrannel wrote:

This seems like such a strange issue for people to worry about.  It doesn't appear to be a bug.  when those buttons are not illuminated, it's helpful.

I agree.

Tanis_7x
Bit Torrent
Message 25 of 55

They sent it back to you as it was because the haptic feedback is working as designed.

As for the wireless- Is this WiFi or 3G/Edge?

If it is WiFi, the problem is likely your WiFi sleep policy.To change the sleep policy, go to Settings > Wireless and Network Settings > Wi-Fi Settings. Hit the menu button and click "Advanced." There you can set the phone to disconnect from all WiFi networks when you turn the screen off, never if you are plugged in, or never.

nemov wrote:

I sent my Motorola Defy back to Motorola to have two problems fixed: This issue with turning off vibrate function, and also even more crucial - the wirless chip which seems to enjoy switching itself off several times per day. My defy has been returned to me, with neither of these problems solved. Not very impressive at all.

benlau
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 55

Few months are gone. Any progress to the bug ? IT IS VERY ANNOYING!!!!!!

If I know that there have such terrible bug , I WILL NOT CONSIDER THE MILESTONE 2. I have bought the phone for 2 days already , but I still didn't insert my SIM card to it due to the bug. The phone is not useable. I feel very annoying when the phone vibrate. My finger is plainful. It is the most stupid bug that drive me to crazy.

If Motorola do not consider it is a critical bug , I will return the phone and never purchase motorola phone any more.

Edit: I am sorry that I just found I should post to Milestone 2 forum. But anyway , I just want to express the feeling to this stupid bug.

timmyjoe42
802.11n
Message 27 of 55

This really prevents you from being able to use the device?

benlau
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 55

yes , I feel very uncomfortable to the vibratiion. Especially it make my finger very tired. Please search from the internet , many people complains the problem. Someone even developed method to make the vibrator completely slient in hardware side.

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 29 of 55

There is no fix for this coming in the near future, and I am fairly certain the phone was designed to vibrate on keypress as other Android phones also do the same thing.

I am sorry that this feature is a problem for you, but chances are it's here to stay for the remainder of this devices' life.

benlau
What's DOS?
Message 30 of 55

I am very disappointed and angry for it. Yes , other android phone provide the same feature , but they can disable it.

Please search "motorola hate haptic feedback" and see people's feedback to "haptic feedback".

I asked my colleague , they all disable haptic feedback once they received the phone and very surprise why Motorola phone is so stupid that not able to do so.

Anyway , it will be the last Motorola phone in my life. I will not consider Motorola phone any more.

I will ask people to re-consider before purchase motorola phone. As , you can not use common sense to deterimne the quality of phone when I purchase it. If you found a FEATURE which is annoying to you , Motorola will not fix it.