Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eltufto
What's DOS?
Views: 390
Message 41 of 55

Re: Haptic Feedback Won't Turn Off

*mind-blown*

That is certainly possible!  I'm pretty sure Girish and I were on the same page, just from the tone of the conversation.  But what a hilarious outcome if that is the case.

arterbizzle
Token Ring
Message 42 of 55

I can see both sides of the argument, why it makes sense to enable always

and why users would want the choice. I'm leaning towards design on this one

though.

On Apr 14, 2011 9:29 PM, "eltufto" <motorola-mobile@hosted.jivesoftware.com

benlau
What's DOS?
Message 43 of 55

In order to warn people who hate haptic feedback before getting a Motorola phone. I have written an article and posted to my blog (In Chinese):

http://benlaux.blogspot.com/2011/04/motorola-atrix.html

timmyjoe42
802.11n
Message 44 of 55

Girish may have been incorrect or he could have also misunderstood you.  They may also not have figured out the fix yet.

benlau
What's DOS?
Message 45 of 55

I like the reply of Girish and understand he can not order the engineering team when to deliver the fix. I believe he have already passed the concern to management. I have no complain to him.

However, the post is sent on Nov 2010 . And then Motorola announce Atrix at Jan 2011. Check the forum of Atrix. I found that Atrix also contains the same problem.

Seem that someone ,  who have power to control the development , do not care the problem. Or he/she think that Haptic Feedback is a must for everybody.

I would consider it as "Motorola do not care people who hate haptic feedback"

Then it is very fair to warn people who hate haptic feedback to not buy Motorola phone. If Motorla really think that everybody like haptic feedback , then it is nothing hurt to the sale figure.

arterbizzle
Token Ring
Message 46 of 55

@benlau, it's a long shot, but have you tried disabling haptic feedback

using Spare Parts? It's available on the Android Market and I don't believe

it requires root access.

On Apr 16, 2011 10:57 AM, "benlau" <motorola-mobile@hosted.jivesoftware.com

bobbyphoenix
Punch Card
Message 47 of 55

—This post has been removed as it was in violation of the following forum rules. Please review our forum rules before posting.—

Don’t do crimes, hack or otherwise color outside the lines. Piracy, device hacking, unauthorized unlocking and posting of illegal content is forbidden. This includes: the posting or recommendation of the use of "hidden menus" and commands not generally accessible through a phone's main menus; unauthorized redistribution of Motorola software; links to and excessive discussion of any non-standard software loads for locked devices; and any discussion, links or instruction for updating Motorola device software other than those sanctioned by Motorola or in the areas designated for that activity. We will remove links to hacking instructions and excessive discussion of hacking locked devices, as it is a practice we can't support and don't encourage. We judge what is excessive. Any discussions of non-Motorola software for unlocked devices must remain in the areas created for those discussions, and all other site rules apply in those areas. Please note that a device running a non-approved software load will be recognized as non-standard and will not receive future over-the-air software updates.

Message was edited by: servbotx

bobbyphoenix
Punch Card
Message 48 of 55

Sorry.  I didn't realize the app for the Defy on XDA was in violation.  I guess my phone was rooted before I even tried it, and didn't realize you needed root access to use it.  I saw others there having the same issue, and gave it a try, and it worked, so I thought I would share.  I thought it was just a regular app.  I would not have posted the link if I knew it was a non-standard app.  But I guess it's a step in the right direction as posts on this thread have it listed as a bug, and since a developer on XDA found a way to turn off the haptic vibration, someone at Moto certianly can do the same, and we should see an "official" fix coming soon.  I look forward to the fix Moto! 

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 49 of 55

I know you were just trying to help but in the future remember that if it's there there is a good chance it shouldn't be here.

▪T▪ ▪ ▪Mobile▪

America's largest dial-up network.

benlau
What's DOS?
Message 50 of 55

I am already gave up on this xxxx issue. May be the spare parts work, I don't know. But if root is the only method , bobbyphoenix is helping on this issue. Provided a way to remove the BUG. It is still much better then told me it is a FEATURE , which is a fool of user.