Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desertravenwy
What's DOS?
Views: 307
Message 1 of 1

Motoblur Service Down?

This is going to seem long-winded and I apologize.  I am becoming increasingly frustrated by this issue - and as a grown man, I find myself somewhere between anger and wanting to just cry in helplessness.

I did a factory reset on my DEFY on Sunday.  Every once in a while I like to start my devices back up on a clean slate, wiping all of the unused apps and such out.  Ever since then, I have been unable to log into my motoblur account.  I was still able to log in on the website.  I am on a very stable home wifi network.

On my phone, the error I get is "Error signing into account. An error has occurred. Please try again."  I entered into a live chat with a Motorola rep, who told me motoblur was down and would be back up in an hour or two.

The next morning, I tried again and it didn't work.  Another live chat, this time motoblur would be down for 24-48 hours.

I'm the impatient type, so once I got home from work, I tried again.  Entered into another live chat, still down for 24-48 hours.

I tried resetting my password, immediately got an email link.  When I go to that link and try to reset my password, I get "An Internal Error occurred. Please try again." 

So a few hours later, I enter into yet another live chat, starting right off the bat with "is the motoblur service working yet?".  This time, the rep leads me on a merry chase through all kinds of issues like it being my phone, or my wifi, anything but the motoblur service.  In frustration, I close the window.

I decided to write an email instead, outlining just about everything I outlined here.  They respond in a few hours telling me to please call motorola.  That would be all fine and dandy, except that I CAN'T MAKE CALLS.  I literally can't do anything on my phone except try and fail to log into motoblur over and over... and make emergency calls - which apparently motorola isn't an emergency number.

Now, I'm unable to log into my motoblur even on the website.

I decided to try a live chat one last time.  Starting with "is motoblur down?".  Did you turn your phone off and on? Are you connected to a wifi? What is the error message? And after all of these silly questions... "Motoblur is down for maintenance, it'll be up in 24-48 hours, sorry for the inconvenience, have a nice day."

I'm beginning to feel like that just copy/paste that when they either can't, or don't want, to help resolve the issue... and that the service isn't actually down at all.  Every google search I do on the topic says nothing about it being down for the last two days.  And of course, every forum post I see on the topic says 'just skip it, hit the menu button and skip it.'  Except on the DEFY, you totally can't skip it.

Please help me, I'm on my last straw... and I'm this close to just chucking this out the window and going with a different company.