Views: 930
Message 21 of 29

Re: Motorola Defy BootLoader Unlock!!!

dlmetcalf
What's DOS?
Message 22 of 29

A huge reason Apple is still kicking Android's butt, is that they can always run the latest operating system versions.

Making people's phones redundant and useless does not make them buy more of your products.  It encourages them to switch handset manufacturers and tell their friends.  

Most people that buy Android are more technically savvy, expect the latest, greatest functionality and WANT to customise devices (otherwise we'd buy iPhones).

I would have bought and recommended several other Google/Motorola devices (Nexus handset, 7 tablet etc) if it wasn't for being burnt as a customer by this deliberate device crippling.  If my old phone is going to become landfill instead of still being useful though, I'm not going to support Google/Motorola's environmental destruction plans either.

Google - please wake up!   Don't burn your customers.   At least Firefox OS will be getting a lot more developer support.

dlmetcalf
What's DOS?
Message 23 of 29

p.s. Google/Motorola:

Locking bootloaders is Being Evil

Please,,, Pretty Please -  We like visible open source to our boot loaders.

dlmetcalf
What's DOS?
Message 24 of 29

"HTC is committed to listening to users and delivering customer satisfaction. We have heard your voice and starting now, we will allow our bootloader to be unlocked for 2011 models going forward. We plan on releasing the updates that will allow you to unlock your bootloader in the coming months, please keep an eye on this website for more details on which devices will be adding this feature. We are extremely pleased to see the energy and enthusiasm from our fans and loyal customers, and we are excited to see what you are capable of. HTC eagerly anticipates your innovations."  

"HTC is committed to assisting customers in unlocking bootloaders for HTC devices"  http://htcdev.com/bootloader/

I have no idea what Google/Motorola THINK they're protecting by crippling devices and refusing to let us fix them, but they're losing more than they're protecting.

aqueoushumor
What's DOS?
Message 25 of 29

I can't use several apps on Google Play now because my Android version is too old. PLEASE allow unlocking of bootloader so that I can update android and actually use my phone. I shouldn't have to buy a new phone every year to get updates. I'll go with a different maker next time--maybe HTC since they actually allowed bootloader unlocking on their devices. 

CRXM
What's DOS?
Message 26 of 29

Buy an iPhone. Never again Motorola/Android. They never listen to customers. I've had a small issue on my iPhone 5 like the power button acting weird when I dropped it and Apple replaced it for free. If that happened with a Motorola phone they would not give 2 squirts of urine. Learn your lesson to never buy a phone from such an untrusted and careless brand.

ebol94
What's DOS?
Message 27 of 29

UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!UNLOCK OUR BOOTLOADER!

walidham
What's DOS?
Message 28 of 29

There is any hope to unlock bootloader, i love my defy its 3 years old and still work fine, why motorola don't want unlock it ?

Highlighted
accmicheal
What's DOS?
Message 29 of 29

i wont factory image for motorola defy plus mb 526