Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
defyjoy
What's DOS?
Views: 718
Message 11 of 29

Re: Motorola Defy BootLoader Unlock!!!

Look its very simple if you do not wish to unlock it no issues . just give us the TI omap tool and 16 mb bin file to rewrite the board efuses . so that we can enjoy unlocked bootloader . if you dont wish to do it yourself give us both the things we would be doing it for ourselves . we dont need lame people who cant keep and live upto their promises just for sake of making money and not caring about their customers . you are still refraining us for last 1.5 yrs thats a long time .so u can keep continuing with ur latest motorola devices just give us the TI omap tool and 16 MB bin file for defy for us . 

Rest we would manage since you people are so hapless creatures at motorola when we ask to do anything you just cant do anything apart from saying "defy isnt unsupported " ... just tel me what all other support do we even care about apart from android upgrade ? 

lol motorola becoems laughing stock cause of only one reason  and primary one . They do what we dont want them to do . and They dont do what we want to do ( Provided both of the cases are legal and what we asked isnt smthng illegal or rule forbidding demands violating motorola interests). so just give us the engineering tools and key and guide we would do it ourselves Smiley Happy 

Ramahan53
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 29

servbotx said:

Again, the phone is eligible for software updates (MOTOBLUR) but not Android upgrades. I'm sorry if you feel I offended you, I just simply answered your question.

Really? So tell me why if the Defy is still eligible for software upgrades why are we still stuck with Motoblur system apps like Kindle which are years out of date and can't be upgraded by the user?

How can you claim the phone is still eligible for software updates when there have never been any? You are offending our intelligence by making a claim every user of a Defy knows is a falsehood!

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 13 of 29

There have been at least 2 software updates and one upgrade done to the DEFY MB525. I'm sorry you misunderstood my statement, but the phone is eligible for security and software updates, however, there will be no upgrades. 

As for applications, please report any issues with the application you are having problems with, to the developer. 

Thanks.

Ramahan53
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 29

servbotx said:

There have been at least 2 software updates and one upgrade done to the DEFY MB525. I'm sorry you misunderstood my statement, but the phone is eligible for security and software updates, however, there will be no upgrades. 

As for applications, please report any issues with the application you are having problems with, to the developer. 

Thanks.

Since the apps in question are part of "Motoblur" and can not be updated by the "Developer" its Motorola's problem that it can't be updated! Its Motorola that has locked us into using outdated "software" we can't update because its part of the "Motoblur" software you claim has been updated so often!

Just to use the Kindle app as an example! Go to Amazon and they will tell you the reason you can't update the Kindle app is due to motorola having made it a system app as part of Motoblur yet here you are telling us to check with the app developer. Great logic that even though Motorola has locked the upgrade out its the developer we should talk too!

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 15 of 29

I don't understand your logic. Gmail, the app store, all the other apps on the phone are system apps and can be updated. The version stepping is incorrect and Amazon will need to include the version they made for this phone in order for it to update.

It is not a part of blur.
Ramahan53
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 29

You sure you work for Motorola and don't just post what fits? The Kindle on the defy can not be updated since it is a non-market propriety version and cannot be upgraded or uninstalled without rooting your phone. It is part of the Motoblur for the Defy!

Gmail and the app store are loaded into the phone with a signature from from their developers and can be updated. The KIndle has a mortorola signature and can only be updated via Motorola!

I don't know why I'm bothering. My DEFY is in a storage since the only thing it was good for was helping Tweens watch facebook without locking up!

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Message 17 of 29

servbotx said:

The Motorola DEFY is not unsupported, it is still eligible for system updates, but not Android upgrades. 

The bootloader for the DEFY will not be unlocked.

I have seen many "Edit by..." posts?!  Don't indoctrinate frenzy!  Sooner or later  it sure will happen...
http://mediacenter.motorola.com/Press-Releases/Google-to-Acquire-Motorola-Mobility-3797.aspx

Shouldn't this Motorola forum be friendly to any Android ROM? Google always talks about keeping Android open.

I love my MOTO Defy, but I dislike CardioTrainer and Zinio; how can I remove these unwanted apps?
Google Play Store offered a paid app like Titanium Backup Pro, but that's a ROOT APP.... Unlock BL7, please.

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 18 of 29

Doede said:

servbotx said:

The Motorola DEFY is not unsupported, it is still eligible for system updates, but not Android upgrades. 

The bootloader for the DEFY will not be unlocked.

I have seen many "Edit by..." posts?!  Don't indoctrinate frenzy!  Sooner or later  it sure will happen...
http://mediacenter.motorola.com/Press-Releases/Google-to-Acquire-Motorola-Mobility-3797.aspx

Shouldn't this Motorola forum be friendly to any Android ROM? Google always talks about keeping Android open.

I love my MOTO Defy, but I dislike CardioTrainer and Zinio; how can I remove these unwanted apps?
Google Play Store offered a paid app like Titanium Backup Pro, but that's a ROOT APP.... Unlock BL7, 

To answer your first question as brief as possible, no. This forum is stock-device friendly only. There are other communities for that sort of discussion and this is not one of them. Posts found in violation of our forum rules will be edited and/or removed depending on the severity. 

The apps can not be removed without voiding the warranty and making your phone unable to receive future updates.

Peter_H
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 29

I bought my Defy december 2010. Back then it was running Android 2.1, way later it recived an upgrade to Android 2.2.2.. when most other companies upgraded their devices to Android 2.3.

What did Motorola do their users? They released a new phone, Defy+ with Android 2.3 and left all they Defy (MB525) owners behind in the dust. As far as I know there is only very minor changes needed to make a Defy+ ROM work on a Defy. Did that happen? no it didn't! Great customer service towards all regular Defy users.

What is the reason to not unlock the bootloader for Defy? You did it for the Atrix and did/is going to do? for Razr. Why not the Defy?

If you havn't noticed this already (apperantly not) they community would love to have the bootloader unlocked. Take a look att what Sony (Ericsson) did after they made the same "misstake" with their Xperia X10 series. That is, very few and very late updates. Now they are releasing updates fast and updating old devices and working with the community. This will most likely increase sales beacuse people who is not really interested in phones and just want one that works will ask the "nerds" that are interested in customizing their devices. Which phone will they recomend? not Motorola because they can't customize thier Motorola devices..

If the bootloader is unlocked for my Defy in a near future I may upgrade to an Atrix or maybe Razr. if it isn't I will look at what other companies have even though I really like the design and hardware Motorola have. I never want to be part of their software service again, or the lack of it.

Best regards,

Peter Hansen

defyjoy
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 29

Opps !! seems like Motorola has taken their customers as ignorant bunch of fools (which is definitely the case of other way around ) . I was going to buy Motorola razr / Motorola Atrix 2 released in india Smiley Happy) . Its funny tht Motorola didnt realise this soon that they are loosing customers due to their bunch of idiotic decisions . Sorry for my harsh attitude . But i guess After 1.7 yrs i bought my device . My rage is just more than justified . Ofcourse Moto would ignore it again . Cause they have to do lot better apart from caring for their old customers . The fact is Smiley Wink They would be soon crownless and sit wid all phones and they in middle with no customers to buy them at all . 

If motorola wants that to happen so be it . Either unlock Motorola defy Or else rot in hell with you and your phones . Cause we are generally not interested in buying phoone without updates . Without software support . And the last but not the least . Not listening to customer demands . 

We would spread a movement and definitely we would do For people not to buy any motorola product and they would be ranked as page 1 in searches when it comes to android motorola phones . Mark it and mark it well . We would make customers NOT TO BUY any motorola products . 

Btw I am not sad cause i would be selling of moto defy and would get a SGS2 in within next few months Smiley Happy . You still have time . To make customers happy . ICS updates for defy / defy+ / defy mini users. Unlocked bootloader issues . and definitely Make your dumb CEO / Programme manager listen to us . Thanks for all forum managers  . I really pity you all cause you are the sole persons who face our rage everyday cause of this unlocked bootloader . Sorry but none of my personal rage are upon you people . I understand your concent for your job . But Please do your best to make us heard , until and unless you all forum moderators / admins belong to that bunch of idiot's gangs Smiley Happy