Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rowan
What's DOS?
Views: 333
Message 1 of 6

Motorola Defy, I can't add contacts to groups

If I go into Contacts, select the Group I want to add to, then  select Menu, then Add Contact, it will add a new Contact to All Contacts, but not to the group.  And I can't figure out how to add existing contacts to a group.  Be grateful for any help...

luilao
802.11n
Message 2 of 6

Re: Motorola Defy, I can't add contacts to groups

Try to go to the group that you want to add a contact to. If you are on the Group do you see a green + sign at the upper right corner? If you tap on that does it go to your contact list right? Now look for the contact that you want to add on the group and hit Done. I can't find a way to directly add a contact to the group if it is not yet saved on your contact list..

Rowan
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Iuilao

I only see the green + sign if I am looking at All Contacts.  When looking at a group I instead see the little paper/pen symbol which lets you text/email the group....

luilao
802.11n
Message 4 of 6

I see, sorry I was using an Atrix phone to check.. how about if you Edit the Group? Do you have an option to add/remove contacts?

Rowan
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 6

Yes, but using that option adds the contact only to All Contacts and not to the Group, even if I use that option from within the Group.  The only way I can find to get contacts into a Group is when first creating it.

luilao
802.11n
Message 6 of 6

Did you create this group or was it a sync group? Can you try create a group then check if you can customize it after?