Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salilak
What's DOS?
Views: 422
Message 1 of 7

Screen Damage

Hi,

Recently, my phone fell from a height of about 3 feet on may be one corners. There is no apparent physical damage on the phone body, not even a scratch. However, my screen though intact, has got a permanent damage to the pixels maybe. It shows a region which appears like a coountry map whenever my phone screen is on. The touch screen works perfectly as before but this region on the phone refuses to go away. Take a look at the image i included. Can somebody help in getting rid of this?

Scrannel
802.11n
Message 2 of 7

Re: Screen Damage

It may be damage to the Gorilla glass itself.  But let me ask, does this "map" ever change shape when you're using it?  If you should need to replace the glass I've seen replacements on Amazon and other places.  Some forums have instructions on doing this yourself. 

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 3 of 7

There is nothing you can do to fix the LCD delamination. It would need to be returned to Motorola to be serviced through warranty repair.

salilak
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 7

No, the map does not change shape ever. Do you think this will be replaced under warranty?

servbotx
Bit Torrent
Message 5 of 7

As long as the phone does not have water damage or any other damage that may void the warranty through neglect, it should be repaired.
arjunny
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

Hi Salilak - Could you post how you got your screen fixed eventually? I have the exact same problem since my phone fell yesterday from about the same height and now there is this blur on screen which won't go away! Do let know, because I could not find this exact same situation anywhere else on net and yoru experience can help me decide. Thanks!

salilak
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 7

Hi Arjun,

Luckily for me, my phone was still under warranty then and they replaced the LCD for me free of cost at the service center. This is a damage to the LCD screen and replacing the screen is the only solution for this.