Options

3 Posts

06-02-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 3

DEVOUR: Can't make outgoing calls

2010-06-02, 21:12 PM

First time poster - relatively new to the Smartphone/DEVOUR universe.

After a little over a month with the Motorola DEVOUR Motoblur phones, my wife's phone suddenly can't make outgoing calls.  She gets a generic error "Verizon cannot complete your call as dialed, please try again" message every time.

Is this a Verizon issue or an issue with the phone?  I have the exact same model as she does and have no problems making calls (even why I don't intend to - still getting used to the touch screen).

Is it possible there's an app that's causing a conflict?  Would removing the battery and reinserting it solve the problem?  Do we need to exchange the phone?

So many questions.

Any ideas/input would be appreciated!

Options

553 Posts

03-27-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: DEVOUR: Can't make outgoing calls

2010-06-02, 21:32 PM

Hi,

This one sounds like a possible user related issue, as your phone works, but her's does not. There are a number of things you can try. 1. Do a battery reset and see if you still have the problem.  2. Look at the Apps downloaded. Look for an app your wife may have downloaded that you do not have on your phone. Try removing that App and do a battery reset.

I had the same problem which I caused by trying to force the phone to use an incompatable Bluetooth car system (Nissan's). At that time I did not know about the "Factory Reset", so I just exchanged my phone and it's been fine ever since (About 90 days.)

3. Try a factory reset.  Do this: menu > settings > sd card > factory reset

Matt

Options

3 Posts

06-02-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: DEVOUR: Can't make outgoing calls

2010-06-02, 23:26 PM

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the prompt response and for the tip about the Factory Reset.

The Advanced Task Killer app solved this problem.  Apparently there IS some sort of app she downloaded that is incompatible with her phone somehow/causes some sort of interference or an "echo" when she's trying make an outgoing call that confuses the Verizon network.

Using ATK to nuke all of the apps she had running, I was able to make a test call on her phone with no problem.  Eventually I'll have to do a process of elimination to figure out which app it is that's causing the problem but that is, perhaps, a question for another thread and/or day.

Thanks again!

Jim

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete