Options

4 Posts

02-26-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 7

DEVOUR: Sync with Mac?

2010-02-27, 3:50 AM
does anybody know the procedure to sync a mac with the devour? need to sync music and would like to sync bookmarks and photos. Any help would be greatly apprecited.
Options

4283 Posts

12-10-2006

United States

99 Signins

922 Page Views

• Views: 922
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: DEVOUR: Sync with Mac?

2010-02-27, 8:38 AM

there are different solution to this. if you use Thunderbird as your email client then it will sync address book and calendar to gmail and then gmail sync with your Devour and the same back so your covered there. if you use iCal and Address book then iCal will only pull from gmail calendar and not give back so you will need some software to do this. i decided to go with Thunderbird although i was hesitant i am glad i switched because it is so much more feature rich than the stock OS X stuff. before i switched i used Spanning Sync to sync Address book and iCal to gmail and it works perfectly and the Devour syncs with gmail as well so everything stays up to date. there are free alternatives out there if you look around but this worked great and i was happy to pay for it when i wasnt using Thunderbird.

for music and iPhoto i use Salling Media and it is free unless you pay a small fee for a faster USB transfer time. this will sync your iTunes including playlist as well as iPhoto libraries. it will not sync pics/vids to your iPhoto but that is easy just connect your Devour then mount the USB and drag your pics from your SDcard > DCIM > Camera from finder right into iPhoto.

that will take care of all your syncing

as far as bookmarks they are working on that and while we wait you can install the Chrome browser which will easily import your Safari bookmarks. Chrome will sync with Google docs which you have since you have a gmail account. so then on your phone browser go to your Google docs and sometimes you have to look under private section and there are your bookmarks. so bookmark that page and you all set. that is the only bookmarks solution right now but i know it is coming.

hope that helps

Options

4 Posts

02-26-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2010-03-02, 4:29 AM
I purchased salling media but it does not have the devour as one of the phones it supports. I am not sure what to do now. any ideas anyone?
Options

4283 Posts

12-10-2006

United States

99 Signins

922 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2010-03-02, 12:55 PM

i dont see why it would matter. i have tried it with many Android phones and they all work. i didn't know you would buy it before you knew it worked but no problem.

you can use the included app on your Devour called Phone Portal as long as you are connected to the same wireless network as your Mac. just start that app, open a web browser, type in the address you see in the Phone Portal app including the :8080 and you will be connecting wirelessly. it seems as though Chrome and Firefox work better with this than Safari does.

i like the salling media because it is USB and solid but this works as well.

Options

4 Posts

02-26-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2010-03-02, 16:37 PM

All that works ok but after I enter my pass word the browser goes to 192.168..0.109:8080/login/start.html

and nothing happens blank screen. What should happen or what should I do now?

Options

4283 Posts

12-10-2006

United States

99 Signins

922 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2010-03-02, 17:39 PM
for a test try it without setting a username or password.
Options

18 Posts

04-11-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2010-05-28, 20:09 PM
I just got a brand new iMac and when I plug my Devour into it, I get the "the computer does not recognize the disk" error (or however it was worded).  It's still hooked up and all the phone does is alternate between bright screen/dull screen (flashes) and shows that it's connected by USB.  However, my iMac doesn't recognize it. 
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete