Options

569 Posts

03-17-2010

United States

20 Signins

159 Page Views

• Views: 159
  • Message 1 of 27

Devour: Exchange Sync, Can Inbox folders be sync'd?

2010-03-28, 3:56 AM

Let me start off by saying that i love my devour. I've not had a single issue since i got it around 6 todfay. Everything is flawless, except my Exchange E-mail.  I want to be able to sync all of my information across, not just limit it to a month, but my Inbox doesn't come across, my sent folder comes across just fine. the only difference in the two is that the inbox has tons of folders in it. I can open folders individually and they sync up, but i can't just click on inbox and it give me my inbox messages. I just don't know what i'm doing wrong, I am also the Network Administrator at my organization, so i know my connection is correct, otherwise i wouldn't be getting sent messages coming across...... Also i have like 10 folders inside my inbox, and two of them have multiple folders inside to organize a little. one of them has 4 folders the other probably has 30 plus two of them goes on into other folders. I'm wondering if there is a limit on folders becasue those two with 30 plus folders included everything shows but i only get about 5 of the initial inbox folders out of the 10. I can't scroll down. I have tried syncing the default of one week, and doing the all messages one, which i would prefer. I can get messages in all folders, except the inbox itself.... Any Help will be much Appreciated.

Solved! See the solution
Options

569 Posts

03-17-2010

United States

20 Signins

159 Page Views

• Message 2 of 27

Re: Devour: Exchange Sync, Can Inbox folders be sync'd?

2010-03-28, 12:50 PM
More Information for you guys. We have Exchange 2007 at work. I went into my owa website and deleted my cell phone from my profile and deleted my emal account from my phone, i also moved all of my folders to a different location so that my inbox wouldn't be tied to all of thos other folders, But i still have the same issue when i set it back up, I can view messsages in my folders just fine and sent items, but i can't see anything in my inbox. can you guys help me? I do see another E-mail application in the app store, touchdown, but i don't like it nearly as well as the default one. Also my contact and my calendar sync up without any issue..... but i have one final question to pose as well. we have a global contact list in our organization, I am only getting the contacts that i setup, Is there a way to pull contacts from my global list? I was hoping being a google phone that there would of been a search feature, but there wasn't any that i seen.  I do know that the iphone reads them just fine. I know this isn't the iphone, but this is the only area that i see the iphone being superier right now, and i think that is due to me not having something setup correctly.
Options

8 Posts

03-29-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 27

2010-03-29, 16:09 PM
I am having the same problem... Contacts, sent folder, etc. updates but not inbox. I can also send emails from phone but inbox never updates!!!! VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!
Options

569 Posts

03-17-2010

United States

20 Signins

159 Page Views

• Message 4 of 27

2010-03-29, 18:47 PM
can someone look and answer this post.  i have been waiting paitently for a helpful answer.
Options

8 Posts

03-29-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 27

2010-03-29, 19:41 PM
Hey Nascar - I called Verizon (my carrier) with this issue and they told me my server was blocking incoming mail. I told them this was impossible because I have another phone running Android on the network and it receives corporate email no problem. I hope we hear a response soon.
Options

569 Posts

03-17-2010

United States

20 Signins

159 Page Views

• Message 6 of 27

2010-03-29, 20:13 PM
thanks i greatly appreciate it. if you dont hear back today. and if nobody is brave enough to answer fromthe experts in this forum, i will call when i get back to work tommorrow. i was off today. i know that is false as well because i administer multiple phones in my exchange environment, but this is the first android. it is great other than this glitch. it is hard on battery but that is due to me not putting it down since i got it on saturday evening. i'm sure if i used it like my last flip it would last a week.
Options

8 Posts

03-29-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 27

2010-03-29, 21:19 PM
Nascar - thought you should know that I tried two seperate user configurations in the phone and both were able to load all folders.... Still cannot get anything in the inbox for the user who actually needs the phone!
Options

16326 Posts

11-22-2013

US

11 Signins

305 Page Views

• Views: 305
  • Message 8 of 27

2010-03-30, 13:37 PM

The corporate Sync default client doesn't support sub-folders of the inbox. You may have better luck with a 3rd party application like Touchdown found in the Android Market. Sorry that the native app doesn't fit your needs. That's the beautiful thing about Android. There's probably an app for you.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

569 Posts

03-17-2010

United States

20 Signins

159 Page Views

• Message 9 of 27

2010-03-30, 14:19 PM

That is a dumb limitation that will hopefully be resolved in the 2.1 update to android, which i'm betting will take place around the time that the Motorola Shadow is released. Either way that fixed my problem. i still had one blank folder left on my inbox, once i deleted it out, my E-mail start Syncing  to my Outbox. I had also spoken to verizon and Motorola E-mail Support and got nothing but a run around, Not necessarily there fault, but Motorola support kept saying it was my exchange, which i knew to be false, but he couldn't tell or show me what exactly had to be setup to work for Android phones. Luckily it wasn't my existing setup in Exchange.

Spike, what i did was created a new folder in the same line as my inbox outbox and sent items, called Inbox Folders, and i moved all of my folders into them. Once i did that and i did sent and receive on my outlook in insure my server had the updated list, i deleted my Corporate E-mail Profile, Power Cycle your phone to get rid of any residual data left behind, then i readded my exchange acccount, with E-mail Sync just fine.  The only bad part of this is that you still can't use the Global Address List, but that is minor to me right now. I have also tested, if you view a document on your phone, it will mark it as read on outlook when your phone and outlook sync the next time, as well as replies and other things.

Spike, let me know how it goes, I really hope this works for you as well.

Mark, Is there any way to do a Global Address List Lookup in my phone? or a way to download the Offline Address Book to my phone for my corporate Directory??

Options

8 Posts

03-29-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 27

2010-03-30, 14:40 PM
I am not understanding you... I have multiple subfolders in my inbox, as does the other user I tested on the phone in question and both our accounts worked. I do not believe this is the problem.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete