Options

7 Posts

04-19-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 7

Devour Motoblur - Happenings/News/Messages widgets not updating

2010-04-19, 2:08 AM
Earlier today, my Motoblur widgets for Happenings (which I only use for Facebook), News and Messages stopped updating.  I can use the Facebook app and see status updates, etc. so I know that Happenings should be showing the updates.  Some emails show up in the Messages widget (it seems to be hit or miss), and I can go into my email and run the refresh button to retrieve messages that don't appear, but there is no refresh option in the Happenings screen.  Text messages seem to be the only thing that will consistently show up in the Messages widget.  I've had the Devour since the day it was released and this is the first time I've encountered this problem.  I tried killing the widgets using the Advanced Task Killer app, turning the phone off and back on, removing the battery, etc. and it's still not working.  Anyone know what's causing this and how I can fix it?  Thanks in advance for any help.
Solved! See the solution
Options

864 Posts

06-21-2006

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Devour Motoblur - Happenings/News/Messages widgets not updating

2010-04-19, 14:32 PM
That probably explains the problem.  When you kill tasks, how will the widgets go out and fetch updates?  Uninstall that task manager and reboot the phone.  I bet those widgets will start working again.  Task managers = bad.
Options

19232 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2362 Signins

58302 Page Views

• Views: 58302
  • Message 3 of 7

2010-04-19, 14:33 PM
Looks like we had a problem with the Blur server for your account that lasted about an hour. Is everything working okay now?
Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

7 Posts

04-19-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2010-04-19, 15:33 PM
Thanks Matt.  When I checked my phone this morning all of the Motoblur widgets were functioning correctly.  I had seen posts about similar problems with other service providers and thought this may have been what was happening, but since I didn't see anything recent about server problems I wanted to be sure it wasn't something wrong with my phone.
Options

1 Posts

08-25-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2010-08-25, 19:26 PM

Hi Matt,

I'm having the same problem. I haven't had any updates on my Happenings or Newsfeed Widgets since August 21st.  I also cannot update my status via the facebook widget. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Andrew

Options

1 Posts

08-26-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2010-08-26, 2:19 AM

Hi,

I am having the same problem with happenings.  I called Motorolla tech support earlier today and they had me delete and readd my facebook account.  My twitter updates were working fine, but recently they no longer have an id attached to them.  I have also had AT&T do a full reset of my phone.  Can someone please help me, this phone is driving me insane!

~Michelle

Options

379 Posts

07-21-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2010-08-27, 14:51 PM

I had the same problem with my discovery news rss feed not updating, so I went to disvoerynews.com and reentered the rss feed and it works fine now....

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete