04-06-2010

United States

37 Signins

355 Page Views

• Views: 355
  • Message 1 of 63

Devour constantly rebooting

2010-05-18, 14:46 PM

Hey all - i've had my devour for about a month and a half.  recently - within the last 2 or so weeks - it has started randomly rebooting itself.  it seems to be somehow related to the signal strength, as that is when it tends to do it the most - when i carry it in the case it loses its signal, and it reboots quite often.  i've also noticed a tendency to reboot at times when sliding the keyboard closed.  it already has the updated software - i'm not sure when that happened, but that may have been the start of my problems.  any advice?  i LOVE this phone, but the problems and constant aggravation are starting to make me miss my old phone. 

Options

3 Posts

05-24-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 63

Re: Devour constantly rebooting

2010-05-24, 20:23 PM
Yes, I concur.  My Motorola randomly reboots in the middle of attempts to do simple things.   Very frustrating!   Also, compared to my LG phone that I used, it loses calls quite frequently and is much less reliable inside any building... I rarelyhad to walk outside to get a connection on my previous phone, but with this one it's almost a sure thing that it will be broken up and frustrating if I do not walk outside to have any phone conversation.   Hope they improve the bugs... I'm 3 months into this phone, and while the potential for a great product is evident, this and other frustrations far outweigh the benefits.    I'll post separately the user-issues I have, curious if you experience them too.
Options

12 Posts

03-27-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 63

2010-05-26, 22:54 PM
I too am having the same problem....In the past month my phone has been replaced 3 times and each phone is still doing the same thing, Everytime I open it, close or lay it down, it reboots itself.   I was wondering if it is in the design of the phone, (the way the battery storage is made), so everytime the phone has the slightest movement that causes a shift in the battery it reboots itself.   It is quite annoying, especially when I am receiving a call and while trying to pick it up and answer it, it just randomly reboots (not even registering the call in the call log).
Options

18 Posts

04-11-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 63

2010-05-28, 20:04 PM
Wow, and here I thought I was being crazy.  My phone is doing the exact same thing and it seems to be getting worse.  The phone just randomly reboots itself, but mine seems to do it most when I'm opening/closing the slide out keyboard.  I've had it do it a few times while trying to make a call or send a text message.  I went by the Verizon store today to ask about it and they said I was the first one to complain and that I would have to talk to a tech about it.  I plan on going to see a "tech" tomorrow, but at least I'm not the only having the problem.  My wife got the same phone and hasn't had this particular problem, just the battery not lasting more than 10 minutes
Options

3 Posts

06-09-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 63

2010-06-09, 0:40 AM
Yikes. I just signed up to look around, as I am having this exact problem. Ive only had the phone a few weeks- opening/closing keyboard locks and/or reboots phone... kind of. Sometimes it just sticks on the white Motorola screen.Also, the wi-fi just randomly stops working- while 4 feet from my router. I have to shut it off and turn it back on again. Ive tried a factory reset as well. Do I need to return this? Im running out of time to do so. Id really appreciate some kind of word either way.
Options

18 Posts

04-11-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 63

2010-06-09, 1:12 AM
Based off of what I'm seeing, I don't think getting another phone is going to solve anything.  Knock on wood, mine hasn't been acting up for the last week or so (although it did just shut itself off today for no reason and I had 80% battery left.......).
Options

864 Posts

06-21-2006

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 7 of 63

2010-06-09, 13:15 PM
Well, put it this way...  What harm can it do to go into Verizon and say, "This phone reboots constantly, to the point that it's not useful."  Maybe the replace it with one that doesn't?  It's better than sticking with a phone that may have a physical flaw and getting stuck with it...
Options

47 Posts

04-03-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 8 of 63

2010-06-09, 20:28 PM
I also have the random reboots which is progressively getting worse. It was just every once in awhile mainly when I was in a fringe area of cell service. Now it is while doing tasks. I will be navigating the screen with full bars and the phone will just reboot. Now it does it several times a day. It is frustrating. Factory reset did nothing. I am at the point to start the painful process of keep bringing it to Verizon to fix and/or replace until they let me get the Motorola Droid which obviously is more supported and has the bugs worked out. I might add I never had any problems until the update. It could be coincidence, but by seeing the number of posts with the same problem since the update I suggest the contrary. Time to fix what you broke, Motorola.
Options

4 Posts

06-11-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 63

2010-06-11, 14:58 PM
I too am having the same problems. The rebooting errors happened almost immediately after buying my Devour. I think if we have enough posts up here, Motorola and or Verizon will have to take notice. Other than the rebooting, I like he phone fine.
Options

50 Posts

04-06-2010

United States

37 Signins

355 Page Views

• Views: 355
  • Message 10 of 63

2010-06-11, 15:28 PM

my phone is still having some of the original issues - i uninstalled several of the apps i had downloaded from the marketplace, which seemed to drastically reduce the frequency of the reboots - but has in no way eliminated it.  the reboots appear to be solely a factor of the signal strength, as the only time it happens now is when its in my pocket or in the case.  where it ws rebooting itself 10+ times a day before, its now down to 2 or so.  much less annoying, but still annoying nonetheless. 

last week the phone gave me a "memory full" error and started acting a little wonky, so i tried to turn it off and back on.  it wouldn't load past the white "motorola' screen.  i took it by a verizon store, where they tried a battery pull with no success, and then a factory reset.  after the reset it took almost 10 minutes for it to load past the white "motorola" screen, but it did finally load.  i asked the guy if he could let me get a different phone, due to the amount of problems i have had with this one.  he said his only option was to have verizon send me a "like-new replacement", to which i asked him why i would want someone else's phone, which had obviously already had problems if it was refurbished, when i paid almost $200 for a NEW phone.  he suggested that i call verizon's customer support and plead my case to them and "maybe you'll get a manager that will do that, it just depends on who you talk to".  ugh.  since then i havent had any issues other than the reboots, but the farther and farther i get away from my purchase date, I'm starting to wonder how long its going to be before I have to drop another $200 on a different phone. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete