25 Posts

04-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 10

Flashing M only screen & No Boot

2010-04-17, 12:20 PM

Getting flashing M and NO BOOT!!!

These are the second set of phones and yesterday they both just rebooted on and off during the day.  This morning mine will not even boot, it just gets to the M screen and flashes off, then back on, only way to stop it is to pull the battery.  After which the on/off button does nothing.  The only way to even get the M screen back is to plug in the charger unit.  With charger unit on it just flashes the M screen, and never goes to the Battery Charge Screen.  Paid a bunch for these, and like them, but have to call VZN CS agian and have two more sent.  I will wait a while to see if anyone has any ideas before I call.  Oh NO APPS HAVE BEEN ADDED....

Options

553 Posts

03-27-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 10

Re: Flashing M only screen & No Boot

2010-04-17, 14:52 PM

Hi Doug,

Are these phones coming directly fro Verizon from and online purchase or from a Verizon store?  It sounds like somebody either has a bad batch of phones or they are not setti g them up correctly.  You would think someone would test the phones more carefully before sendig to you.

Verizon CM needs to ID a good store tech near where you are and get you together with he/she. Perhaps someone here from Motorola has additional ideas. I'm leaning toward the phonenot bei gdefective but the set up wasn'[t done correctly. I'm no expert, but just an educated guest.

Matt

Options

25 Posts

04-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2010-04-17, 16:38 PM

Matt tx for the reply, and ideas.  I ordered them thru the Web, and have had two sets of phones.  This morning called CS and they said to take the phone to the store in Winston-Salem, so I did.  The Tech said come back in an hour and we will have it going for you, well I got back, and they just gave me a new phone, said the other one was toasted.  Setup the new one and I got halfway home and it rebooted...  I will keep my eye on it that is for sure.   The wife's phone was doing great, but it has rebooted just a few times today.

Hope we figure this out cause we love these phones.

Options

553 Posts

03-27-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2010-04-17, 17:35 PM

Hi Doug,

When you say "set up the phone", was that after you got it from the Verizon store? what do you do for setting it up?I'm just looking for something that would make your phone do that...

Matt

Options

25 Posts

04-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2010-04-17, 19:38 PM
No I have not touched a thing since I got it in my hands from the Store Tech.  The only thing that I have done was to setup my Bluetooth for my system in my truck, is a auto answer hands free setup, and that works fine.  I have only had two reboots today, since I got it at noon.  But again I have not touched even one of the settings..
Options

553 Posts

03-27-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2010-04-18, 5:02 AM

Hi Doug,

Sorry for all my questions. Are you using a car power adapter? Do these reboots happen when you are running on the phones battery without any other power source connected?

Thx, Matt

Options

25 Posts

04-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2010-04-18, 12:12 PM

First, don't worry about the questions...  I want to find out why this is happening as well, and I must TY for giving a darn about my problems...

I have used my Auto Charger, in fact the NEW phone they gave me yesterday had to have it as the Batt was at 7%.  I hooked it to it, and then I paired the phone to my Pioneer Nav System and it connected right away, with no problem(my bluetooth device for hands free).  Started home called wife, and all was working fine, then about 3/4 the way home(about 15 miles) the darn thing rebooted.  Then all was well for maybe 4-5 hours, and was not using it(laid on the counter)it rebooted again.  To cut this short had about four reboots yesterday on new phone.  My wife's phone also reboots without touching it(just thought I would put that in).

So you see it does not matter, if you are charging it, and usinging it, or just laying anyway, they seem to reboot.  I guess we will have to live with it...

Oh almost forgot to tell you this part....  If you are getting a file(downloading)or doing any task, after the reboot the phone picks up where it left off.

Options

19227 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2361 Signins

58272 Page Views

• Views: 58272
  • Message 8 of 10

2010-04-19, 13:30 PM
Doug, how did you get Blur set up on the phone? Did you do it or did the store tech do it? How did you provide an e-mail address for the tech?
Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2 Posts

05-26-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2010-05-26, 6:53 AM
hey i think i may know what this problem is. i think it could be the blue tooth. my first phonr did fine till i tried to sync a bluetooth headset to it. as soon as i did that i got a notification saying my internal memory was full and i know i had about 132 megs of space left. so i turned the power off and when it tried to reboot it got stuck on thr flashing motoblur screen. i took the battery out and turned it back on and it was still stuck so i waited about 3 hours and it was still on that screen and the backlight wouldnt cut off. so i took it straight to the store got another one and will never mess with bluetooth again. i dont know if this is the problem but it could be. doug left this message about a month ago but if anyone else had this problem after syncing a blutooth thn that could be the problem
Options

553 Posts

03-27-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2010-05-26, 13:39 PM

I had the same problem fulling around with the Nissan Bluetooth system, had to exchange phones. I will say the supplied Moto ear piece works great, it's the be

Matt

st one I've ever used. I am waiting to see what Nissan/Verizon and Motorola do about it. OOPS, put this in the wrong thread...sorry....

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete