Options

28 Posts

04-22-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 3

GPS

2010-05-25, 21:37 PM
so i was checking the weather on my phone and i was using a widget that required my location and my gps has me in bear creek california. i am in scranton pa. i went to the market and randomly downloaded several weather widgets and all have me in california with the gps my location. any idea on how to fix this.
Options

22 Posts

05-18-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: GPS

2010-06-05, 16:55 PM
i can't offer any help, but i just wanted to say that i've read a couple other comments of this same problem, so you aren't alone. i, myself, have been experiencing something of the sort but not quite the same. my phone's time zone keeps changing to the "Yukon" time zone (which isn't even an option from the time zone list!) but i'm in california. i'll set it to Pacific and it'll change to Yukon about an hour later. my gps is usually pretty accurate (it will have me within the correct city but sometimes the wrong area), so i have no idea how where it's getting this Yukon time zone from. all of my email accounts that are linked have the correct time zone (Pacific) set. i went to a local verizon store and their display model even had the same problem of showing Yukon instead of Pacific. the rep also noticed that Pacific should be -8:00 but it has it as -7:00. she looked at a forum and found that someone said to just turn off the automatic update function to manually set the time and everything, which isn't even an option on the Devour as it is on the Droid. so she said at this point i just had to wait for motorola to hopefully release an update to fix the problem. i'm really hoping that motorola sees the our complaints and issues and addresses them soon.
Options

864 Posts

06-21-2006

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: GPS

2010-06-07, 15:34 PM

Hi Becka

Do you use Google Maps?  What happens when you start Google Maps and do "My Location?"  Does it also place you incorrectly?  Try turning on Airplane mode and then turning it off again.  This will give your phone the chance to reacquire the GPS sattelites.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete