Options

2 Posts

09-25-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 3

Having Weird Issue with my Devour

2010-09-25, 16:04 PM

So I just bought my Devour over the last weekend, and overall, I really like the phone.  I'm having two strange issues however, and if anyone knows a fix to it or what the issue is, it'd be great.

First, on 3 occasions now, incoming calls have froze up my phone.  The phone didn't actually ring even, I had it set to "ring and vibrate" and it would start vibrating, show the "answer" screen, but I couldn't answer it, couldn't do anything, it froze and just kept vibrating.  Only thing I was able to do was pop the battery and restart the phone.

The second, similar to the first, is that on occasion, the speakers on the phone just stop working.  The ringers won't ring, and when I make a call, the call goes thru but I can't hear anything whether it's set to "speaker" or the traditional hold it to your ear speaker.  Nothin.  Vibrate will still work, but any and all forms of sound stop until I restart the phone.

Any ideas on why it's occasionally acting a bit idiotic?

Outside of this, the phone is great.  I'd just really like to figure out this mystery.

Options

14 Posts

09-30-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: Having Weird Issue with my Devour

2010-09-30, 22:39 PM

I've seen the sound issue happening after installing some defective apps.  Do you have any apps installed other than those that came with your phone?

Options

45 Posts

10-15-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Having Weird Issue with my Devour

2010-10-15, 19:40 PM

Ive had this happen with replacement #2 and replacment #3. chuman72486, I keep hearing this from Verizon and motorola support about installing defective apps...can you explain how we are suppose to know what apps are defective?  I always look at the reviews and ratings of apps to see if anyone has any negative experience with them, and have only maybe 5 apps at best that I use right now.  I guess Im not clear on how a phone that is designed to run apps, and that is the big selling point, is having so many issues related to apps.  So are we jsut not suppose to install apps at all?  Im not being snarky, Im serious.  Im so paranoid now that I dont even want to install anything on the phone, and that defeats the point of having this type of smart phone, doesnt it?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete