Options

12 Posts

04-14-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 5

Highest volume... can't hear caller??

2010-04-27, 1:52 AM
Ever since the update I've been unable to hear people talking on the other end.  If I am in my car I have all the windows closed, if I'm at home I have to have the tv on mute.  My "in call" volume is all the way up, I don't have a case or screen protector on.  I've removed the battery, and nothing seems to help... anyone else?
Options

569 Posts

03-17-2010

United States

20 Signins

159 Page Views

• Views: 159
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Highest volume... can't hear caller??

2010-04-27, 13:05 PM

I've noticed a little of that myself. If the phone isn't in my ear, it is very hard to hear. But i learned from my last phone, Samsung Gleam which is a top of the line Flip Phone, that talking and driving isn't easy just because holding it to your ear can be hard in that situation, Even though it had great call volume, i still put it on the speaker phone for my purposes. It wasn't always so i could hear them as much as so they could hear me if i wasn't right on top of my phone. If i'm in the care, i definately have to use speaker phone just because my wife can never hear me. The bottom speaker is in the worst possible place. If i hold it to my face and try to use my shoulder to keep my phone to my ear, it puts the receiver in my check completely covering it so my voice can't reach it. I have to hold the phone out considerably and keep that in mind when i'm using it for phone calls. I would have much prefered the receiver be either on the bottom of the phone. I know they did that to help drown out background noise, but it doesn't work so cleanly for me, but i'm adapting nicely to it.

Luckily for me, i spend less than an hour a month on the phone for talking purposes. As i've said in other post, these phones aren't for talking, but for internet use. Whether that is for a game to download, or viewing the weather, news updates, and especially E-mail. This is a little computer hands down that is awesome in that respect, especially with the pull out keyboard which makes it amazing for texting which i do more than i talk on my phone. If you need a phone just for calling, limited Internet use to none at all, then you need to get a flip phone because they are the best at talking you can get. But if you are like me and want to do everything else with your phone, then this is one of the best you can get.

Options

12 Posts

11-14-2010

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 5

2010-11-14, 22:47 PM

The same thing is happening to me, the comment about not getting one of these phones to make calls is rubbish, you should be able to hear a call in progress or its not worth the materials is made from

I have heard of a few more complaints like this and would really like an answer to this myself.

Options

53 Posts

07-16-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2010-11-15, 0:22 AM

I have similar problems also. Posted a request for help quite a while ago. There were many replies but no ways suggested to overcome.

I'll continue to monitor this thread with hopes of some insightful person having a solution to share.

Note that the problem is only only incoming calls. The volume and music and other speaker-related functions is adequate. Agree???

Options

12 Posts

11-14-2010

United Kingdom

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 5 of 5

2010-11-15, 17:09 PM

Totally agree

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete