Older Devices ArchiveMoto Blur PhonesDEVOUR™ with MOTOBLUR™
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

08-28-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 2

Individual notification ringtones? Answer options?

2010-08-28, 1:40 AM

I just got the devour a couple days ago. So far it is a good phone but I was curious about 2 things... I cant seem to figure it out... I can set individual ringtones for people through an application but I was curious if there was an application where I can download notification sounds being songs from artists and set them for individual people? Kinda like a ringtone but for texting. All my other phones had that option... Also I was curious if there were answer options for the devour. For instance, slide open to talk, slide close to end call... All my other slider phones had that option...

Options

2717 Posts

03-09-2010

United States

21 Signins

234 Page Views

• Views: 234
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Individual notification ringtones? Answer options?

2010-08-28, 2:07 AM

Lori420 wrote:

I just got the devour a couple days ago. So far it is a good phone but I was curious about 2 things... I cant seem to figure it out... I can set individual ringtones for people through an application but I was curious if there was an application where I can download notification sounds being songs from artists and set them for individual people? Kinda like a ringtone but for texting. All my other phones had that option... Also I was curious if there were answer options for the devour. For instance, slide open to talk, slide close to end call... All my other slider phones had that option...

As a new Devour owner you may want to bookmark this page. You can download the user manual in pdf form there and use the search to find Motorola help pages about the Devour.

There are apps in the market for DLing ringtones, but I prefer using Ringdroid to cut sections from my own music to use for tones.

Handcent (a replacement texting app) allows you to set custom notification tones on a per contact basis. Ringo Lite will also work.

If you still want an app to DL ringtones IMO it's to search on androlib.com or appbrain.com than using the market app on the phone.

I don't think that there is a setting for open to answer. I believe that opening the slide will unlock the screen (unless you have a security lock set).

Welcome to the forums.

----
I am a volunteer. The MotoXprt tag means I spend too much time here. The opinions expressed in my posts are my own. I use a Backflip. If my advice doesn't make any sense - ignore it!

Introduced to Android by the Moto Backflip
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete