Options

6 Posts

08-17-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 9

My Contacts went Poof

2010-08-26, 17:58 PM

My contacts in my phone all disappeared. They're in gmail correctly with names and numbers, and right now, all I have are names in my phone. I don't have any numbers or any other information. How can I get my contacts in gmail into my phone and why did this happen?

Options

4283 Posts

12-10-2006

United States

99 Signins

922 Page Views

• Views: 922
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: My Contacts went Poof

2010-08-26, 19:02 PM

try pulling out the battery and then powering the phone back on again.

Options

6 Posts

08-17-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2010-08-26, 22:13 PM

That didn't do anything

Options

1 Posts

08-27-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2010-08-27, 17:39 PM

I just got my phone, updated with all my contacts.  Looked good - then they were all gone!  Waited overnight when it was set to auto sync - still gone.

Options

3 Posts

08-28-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2010-08-28, 4:01 AM

This has happened to my phone several times in the past 2 weeks or so.  I have taken the phone to the verizon store but they just talk to me like I dont know how to use my phone.  I get they probably dont understand what I am telling them but I wish they would just say that.  Anyway about 4 times in the past 2 weeks my call logs disappear, my speed dial list and all contacts disappear.  I have the facebook app on my phone so all my contacts have their facebook profile pics on my contacts list.  The phone syncs with my gmail and all my contacts comeback but even when I sign in to facebook again the photos dont come back.  When I go to the accounts and press the picture source to get them all back it does nothing.  The only way to fix it is to do a factory restore on it.  I have done this 4 times and it keeps happening.  I have readded my speed dial list 4 times and everything keeps disappearing until my phone syncs with google again.  Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas as to what might be wrong with my phone.  I love my devour and just want it to work right again.  thank you 

Options

6 Posts

08-17-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2010-08-28, 13:54 PM

Yesterday all of my contacts came back out of  nowhere. They came back as oddly as they disappeared. I don't like to do factory resets, however i have already done two because of other problems. I wish those wouldn't happen. I really like my devour too and I want it to work correctly!

Options

4 Posts

08-29-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2010-08-29, 14:49 PM

I have been having this same problem for several months now. I have called verizon and their explanation was that it should not be doing this but because the contacts are associated with google synchronization then it was probably because google was not updating right. They did a reset on my phone and it didnt work. The next thing they told me to do was to go into my settings and choose the google Synchronization tab, then check to see if my auto sync was on. If it was on, uncheck it and then recheck it to do an auto update. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesnt. If it doesnt, i will shut phone off for a few then do synchro again. If that doesnt work I take battery out for a few minutes, but it back and do the synchro again. Sometimes this works and again sometimes it doesnt. If it doesnt work, you just have to wait until it kicks back in which it usually will. The other thing I noticed that brings them back is if I lose the contacts, i will add someone back as a new contact and do the update then they all come back..its more or less a game of wait and see...really sucks. Verizon did tell me that it should not be doing this at all or the rebooting on its own either. They told me if it continues they were going to send me a new one I just have to call them back and I am ready to call them back because this is getting old.

Options

1 Posts

09-11-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2010-09-11, 4:10 AM

And here I was thinking the problem must be me...I have lost contacts, speed dial preferences, favorites, and synchronization with facebook. There is no discernable pattern. My phone seems to be rapidly deteriorating. (I am also suffering from the increasing spontaneous reboot problem). This is my second devour. I had hoped an update would correct the problem, but there does not seem to be one forthcoming. Is this a problem with hardware or software? And what recourse do I have?

Options

2 Posts

05-10-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2010-09-13, 6:33 AM

This has happened to me a bunch of times, and they usually come back a day or two later. I am completely fed up with this issue, and hate having to reprogram my speed dial/emergency contact info. This is an issue that needs to be resolved.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete