Options

4 Posts

12-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 3

Storage Major Issue

2010-12-13, 4:28 AM

I am having many problems with my Motorola Devour's choice of automatic storing. My 8GB SD Storage Card is in the correct slot, mounted. I can unmount it fine, and I have had the phone and SD Card both formatted once 1.5 months into the 3 months I've owned it. The picture below is not my phone, not my information, its just to help me explain my problem, as I obviously am no expert to this kind of thing. A.) My SD Card Total Space is 7.42 GB (Should be eight, so I don't know why its not the full eight). B.) My Available space in my SD Card is 6.33 GB. C.) *In my Internal Phone Storage, my Available Space is 3.30 MB. All my information is being saved into the internal phone storage and I don't know how I can switch it to instead store on my SD.

My Devour constantly has a "Low on Space" warning at the top of the screen, and as I try to send a text message, the warning will blip on the screen, and send my back to the main messages page. (The main messages page shows my email, facebook, Text Mailbox, and Universal.) Please help, as local Verizon stores can do no such thing. (Beats me as to why)

Thank you

Solved! See the solution
Options

4 Posts

12-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

Re: Storage Major Issue

2010-12-13, 4:28 AM

I am having many problems with my Motorola Devour's choice of automatic storing. My 8GB SD Storage Card is in the correct slot, mounted. I can unmount it fine, and I have had the phone and SD Card both formatted once 1.5 months into the 3 months I've owned it. The picture below is not my phone, not my information, its just to help me explain my problem, as I obviously am no expert to this kind of thing. A.) My SD Card Total Space is 7.42 GB (Should be eight, so I don't know why its not the full eight). B.) My Available space in my SD Card is 6.33 GB. C.) *In my Internal Phone Storage, my Available Space is 3.30 MB. All my information is being saved into the internal phone storage and I don't know how I can switch it to instead store on my SD.

My Devour constantly has a "Low on Space" warning at the top of the screen, and as I try to send a text message, the warning will blip on the screen, and send my back to the main messages page. (The main messages page shows my email, facebook, Text Mailbox, and Universal.) Please help, as local Verizon stores can do no such thing. (Beats me as to why)

Thank you

Options

4 Posts

12-13-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

Re: Storage Major Issue

2010-12-13, 5:26 AM

I figured out that Apps can't be stored on the SD card. My photos and Music automatically saves on the SD card. I am currently reducing my amount of applications. Is there more Internal Storage Space in better phones than mine?

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete