Options

20 Posts

04-06-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 1 of 5

Twitter not updating from Social Status widget

2011-01-12, 21:15 PM

Hi all, just noticed today that my status updates are not going to Twitter but going to Facebook fine.  It was working fine last on Jan 5 (last time i used the widget).  Today's status update only updated Facebook.

However, my twitter contacts are still showing up and their updates are posting to my Happening widget.

But here's another weird symptom: the Twitter logo is gone from the Status widget as well as Happenings widget (the little "T" when the Happenings widget shows a twitter post).  The twitter logo is also missing when I click on the Messages icon and go to my list of email accounts.

I have a suspicion it is either a Twitter or Motoblur issue, just wondering if anyone else is noticing the same thing.

Options

2 Posts

01-13-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

Re: Twitter not updating from Social Status widget

2011-01-13, 22:46 PM

I am having the same problem in reverse.  Twitter status won't go away and Facebook won't work.  Now I can't even change my status.  Phone has been having more and more problems over the last three days.

Options

379 Posts

07-21-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2011-01-14, 23:30 PM

Try doing a hard reset by pulling out the battery for a minute then placing it back in. Sometimes a server could be down, or updating.... That happens alot to me on my Devour, it's not the phone it's Facebook doing updates or server problems!

Options

20 Posts

04-06-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2011-01-17, 19:07 PM

Pulled out the battery but still having Twitter issues.  All evidence points to this being a Motoblur/server error:

The Social Status widget now seems to update Twitter, but the Twitter logo is still missing from both the Social Status widget as well as the Happenings widget.

The main issue now seems to be when i click on "Messages" there is an exclamation point "!" next to the Twitter email account and the error message "connection error"...deleting and re-adding the twitter account didn't help.

I rarely use twitter so this isn't that big of a deal for me, but annoying to still have it not work properly.  It's been about a week now.

Options

2 Posts

01-13-2011

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2011-01-18, 0:30 AM

I ended up trying the full reset to defaults.  Phone is working fine now but I forgot to backup items in my notepad app (so don't forget that most apps have backups to SD card).   The Motoblur connection saved all of my contacts, so no loss there.  Twitter is working fine but will not add the Twitter logo while everything Facebook related has it. 

So far I have added only basic apps, TuneIn Radio and Lookout Security.  No problems as of yet.  I am wondering if my task killer had conflicted with Lookout previously.  Another possibility is that a problem arose when I connected my phone to a different brand of phone charger.  Problems did get worse for me only a couple of days after that.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete