05-05-2010

United States

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

eweek article, very interesting

2010-08-17, 13:14 PM

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/Verizon-iPhone-Looks-Like-Bad-News-for-Motorola-10-Reasons-Why-571305/

The article seems indicate that once the iphone comes to Verizon, Moto will be hurting.  There may be some truth in this.  There appears to be many, many Moto users on older android phones that are just begging for an update, and our case with the Devour, begging for ANY news of an update.

This lack of communication is causing a lot of anger.  And, it appears to be directed toward Moto, and not Verizon.

Speaking for myself, I am so disapointed at Moto's silence that I will NOT buy another Moto product.  My phone is 6 month old, and already a number of generations out of date.

So, with one and a half years to sit out my contract I'll wait and watch which other manufactures treat their customers better, and then go there.  Could be an iphone by then,

Moto:  I hope you read this - you're selling lots of hardware now, but going forward you need to keep your existing customers happy too.  There seems to be too much attention spent on getting new customers.

Options

58 Posts

06-12-2010

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: eweek article, very interesting

2010-08-18, 4:23 AM

Same feelings here. I will not purchase another Motorola phone only to have something that drops off the support list after 6 months leaving me with 1 1/2 years with no updates and no ability to use newer features. Doing that does not sell more phones in the long run because you get no return buyers. If I can't have upgrades then let me trade up without penalties. You can't have it both ways Motorola. Give proper support to your products or lose customers. It's your call. And yes if Apple comes to Verizon I'll switch to the iPhone as soon as I'm able. None of these products are perfect but at least with Apple I know I will get proper support. I've learned that from my iPod Touch which still runs the latest version even though it is now several generations old.

Options

4283 Posts

12-10-2006

United States

99 Signins

922 Page Views

• Views: 922
  • Message 3 of 4

2010-08-18, 17:35 PM

not at all disagreeing with you about getting the Devour updated but Android has surpassed the iOS in the US and is heading to the world in the same direction. i think that the public is speaking with its dollars and the dollars are going more and more towards Android then iOS.

iOS would have to open up t o me things it holds dear in order to give the freedom to the user that Android has.

iOS is nice but Android is much better in my opinion and i owned the iPhone 2G, 3G, and 3GS on release day.

Options

379 Posts

07-21-2009

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2010-08-20, 14:15 PM

I agree with Fletch, I'm sure when and if iphone does ever get released on Verzion the wait was too long, Google's Android is far better than phones iOS....

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete