Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kineta
What's DOS?
Views: 360
Message 1 of 5

Devour: Barcode scanner that works?

I've tried several different apps for this but I am still having trouble getting my phone to read any barcodes at all. Has anyone else been having this issue, and if so, is there any way to fix it?

Thanks!

marvin02
Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 5

Re: Devour: Barcode scanner that works?

Fixed focus cameras don't work well with barcode scanner apps. The only ones I can read with my Flipside are from the computer screen and I manage that by zooming the view in my browser to make the barcodes larger. See this thread in the Flipside area.

----
I am a volunteer. The MotoXprt tag means I spend too much time here. The opinions expressed in my posts are my own. I own a Backflip and a Flipside. If my advice doesn't make any sense - ignore it!

Introduced to Android by the Moto Backflip
MiZaR
Token Ring
Message 3 of 5

Most of the barcode scanner apps work, only if you enter the barcode yourseld without useing the camera....

ewantugr
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

kineta wrote:

Fixed focus cameras don't work well with barcode scanner apps. The only ones I can read with my Flipside are from the computer screen and I manage that by zooming the view in my browser to make the barcodes larger. See this thread in the Flipside area.

----
I am a volunteer. The MotoXprt tag means I spend too much time here. The opinions expressed in my posts are my own. I own a Backflip and a Flipside. If my advice doesn't make any sense - ignore it!

Thanks for your explanation! This is what I'm looking for.

cathyhill
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

I asked my phone provider and he said there is the problem with the camera. And he returned my phone to the factory for improvement. And now it works fine. By the way, I searched the forum and found a post about barcode scanning. Hope it can help you:smiley

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/7843725a7f/barcode-scanning