Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moosey2002
What's DOS?
Views: 258
Message 1 of 9

Devour: camera distorting images when saving

I bought my devour originally back in April.  I have had MANY problems, but the one reproducible issue across all three replacement phones I have had is the camera.  It is not consistent,  but it happens at some point with all three phones.  I have attached an image of the most recent photo I tookthis morning.  When it saves the image, at first it stores the entire image, then after about 10-20 seconds, it then either removes part of the image (like shown int he photo attached here) or it turns the entire image a bright green and puts a line through the middle of it (I dont have one of those saved here at work to show).  Im getting very frustrated that every time verizon sends me a replacement, it does the same thing.   Motorola tier 2 support claims they have never heard of this issue.  Ive tried reformatting the SD card, hard reboots of the phnes, three replacement phones, and still the same issue.  Anyone have any suggestions on what may be causing this?  Im trying to get verizon to just let me get a different model already, but they claim since thisi snt a know issue that it is a "mysterious user problem" and not the phone and refuse to upgrade me to a different model,,,said they will keep sending me these refurbished phones till I get one that works.  Thanks!

moosey2002
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 9

Re: Devour: camera distorting images when saving

OK, last night it did it again. here are some other samples of what it does to my photos.  Motorola claims they have never seen his issue before, but it has done it with all three Devours I have had so far.

moosey2002
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 9

Im surprised that no one seems to be having these issues? I just got replacement #4 and the 2nd picture I took it did this again...so all 4 of my Devours have consistently done this.  On another note: Verizon is finally sending me a Droid 2 so I guess this is a dead issue for me now.

MiZaR
Token Ring
Message 4 of 9

I'm not sure if the Devour has a focus but I know when I take pictures useing my Devour and my hand is moving the pictures are distorted and blurred, but if I hold hand without moving the picture is not blurred....

Highlighted
kaibru
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 9

I have had this same problem recently...right before my phone stopped saving photos and videos all together. I'm going to Verizon this weekend to find out what they have to say but at this point I believe it to be my SD card that is causing the problem.

chuman72486
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 9

Please verify, are you using the same SD card across all the phones you tried?  It's possible your card is damaged or corrupt.  I bought a 32GB card on ebay and it turned out to be a fake that only ever saved on it once.  If your card isn't a reliable brand or you got it used, it could be risky to use.  Try using another SD card and see if it still has issues.

MicroSD cards can sometimes be very sensitive and can be easily corrupted by heat, impact, or invalid writes (such as if a program bugged out in the process of writing a file or the phone shut off in the middle of saving/deleting)  Sometimes all it takes is reformatting the card to resolve some corruptions, but it might be a physical problem, in which case you may not be able to fix it.  Fortunately, MicroSD cards are pretty cheap.  RadioShack, for example, has 16GB MicroSD cards that are sometimes on sale for as low as $30, and of course smaller cards are similarly cheap.

moosey2002
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 9

chuman72486, thanks for your input. I agree, that a corrupt SD card would typically cause issues such as this, but in my case, we reformatted the card, and then replaced it with one verizon sold me and it still was doing that same thing. Verizon finally replaced my phone with a different one all together (Droid2).

sierrafoxxtrott
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 9

I agree this is a terrible phone. I can't even buy cases for it from verizon.. It is "out of style". I wish I had a different phone..

sierrafoxxtrott
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 9

I am having the same problem with mine.. This started today it is aweful..