cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blougee
What's DOS?
Views: 148
Message 1 of 5

Does anyone NOT have problems with this phone?

Frustrated doesn't begin to cover my personal feelings about this phone! When I first got it, I suggested it to everyone... Now, I HATE IT! It didn't take long for my love of the Devour to fade. It freezes all day long, probably 10-15 times a day. My husband and I both have a Devour, and we both have the same issues. It freezes, we are constantly dealing with force closes, our alerts never work, we have issues answering the phone, because it will freeze up when it rings, sometimes we aren't even lucky enough to get the force close message, and it just locks up and we have to pull the battery to restart it. This is the 2nd one I have owned, stupidly thinking the first ones issues were just a fluke, but it seems they all have these issues. We have updated software, we have completely different apps, and use our phones differently, so best I can tell this is just an awful phone. I loved the sturdy build, and slide out keyboard, but at this point, it isn't worth the trouble! I hate that I signed a contract and am now stuck with these 2 horrible phones for another 22 months, had I known that the issues would only gradually get worse, I would've returned them after the first issue a week into owning them! If anyone has any helpful ideas, please let me know! I can't see myself doing a Warranty swap only to get another bag of issues! Please Motorola fix or recall these awful phones!!    

blougee
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 5

Re: Does anyone NOT have problems with this phone?

So I called Motorola yesterday, I spoke with a tech rep, then with a supervisor, and apparently no one knows that this phone is an issue? When I asked if they ever even read what their customers are saying about their phones, neither had an answer, but both told me they didn't have access to this information. They said that if Motorola knew these phones were bad they would never sell them.... REALLY???? Oddly enough, Verizon claims the same, however their website is also filled with people complaining about the same problems with the Devour. I find it amazing that no matter where you go to look at the reviews for this phone, everyone is citing the same issues, everyone is citing their unhappiness with how their complaints are being handled. Maybe, just maybe Motorola an Verison are making enough money at this point, that they just stopped caring about customer satisfaction? Well either way, I was told by the Supervisor at Motorola, that I would be receiving a call from someone who could better handle my issue, so that we could find some resolution, as we own 2 of these awful phones, and Surprise Surprise, NO ONE EVER CALLED!!!! I just want to say Thanks Motorola for being so concerned with Customer Satisfaction. I will make it my personal mission to spread the word about this horrid phone, and your lying supervisor, lack of help, and clear lack of interest in your customer's issues. And what I won't do.... Is ever buy or encourage anyone else to buy Motorola, especially the DEVOUR until someone resolves my issue with this phone!

gengen
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

lmao.. hilarious! I'm on my "replacement phone".. same sh**, different day..

bnelson76
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

I must say that I learned a valuable early lesson in the realm of android and marketing. I was a Devour owner back when the choices were that or the Droid. The lesson I learned is to always go for the heavily marketed phone. It is the one that will the sell the best and receive the most support for its short lifespan.

The marketing strategy now seems to put out a flagship android device every 2 years with minor upgrades to existing popular models in between, Droid to Droid 2, Droid X to Droid X2. The next flagship device from Motorola will be the Droid Bionic. This phone will be heavily marketed and receive great support.

I currently have the first Droid in that I got lucky and Verizon was out of Devours as replacement phones. I have been very happy with the Droid as a first gen android phone. I never have any of the problems that I did with my Devour although I did like the keyboard better on the Devour.

For those stuck with the Devour, upgrade time is coming up and the choices will be Droid X2, Droid 3, and the Droid Bionic, if you stay with Motorola which does seem to have the best reception and voice quality. The Droid 3 will be the only one with a physical keyboard and will have great specs, of course, this phone has yet to be officially announced. The Droid Bionic is set to be the first dual-core 4G LTE device.

jeana6960
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

I too am super upset with both verizon and motorola.  They can't say they've never heard of these problems when there are over a hundred people saying they've gotten a replacement phone. They don't give you one without knowing the cause for it and verizon has to tell motorola because its the manufacturers warranty that gets you a replacement.  What it is is stealing and I wouldn't be surprised if they got a lawsuit against them.  Selling something that you know doesn't work is a crime.  And obviously since a lot of people bought and got phones replaced a couple times before I got mine they knew there was a problem.  I just activated my refurbished piece of crap last night and as soon as I did "forse close" it wouldn't even let me put in my motoblur info the first 3 times I tried.  Then this morning it turned off by its self and wouldn't turn back on.  I finally got it back on and tried to call verizon every time o pushed call it would go back to the home screen.  So I go to the verizon store where of course the sales guy has the same problem and has to argue with the customer service agent who of course thinks we are both idiots.  He resets the phone from where ever he is and it still does the same thing.  Plus if its not plugged in it doesn't hold a charge for more than an hour...so its not a mobil phone at all.  Well all verizon is going to do is send me another refurbished devour.  He said that if I wanted a different one it would be full price; which is not fair that I have to waste my discount I got for my renewal on a defective phone.  He kept trying to get me to buy a different phone. I told him no just send me my free one and they can just keep paying the shipping when I have to send it back every 3 days.  And I shouldn't have to pay my whole bill if my phone won't turn on half the day.  I'll probably switch carriers and not buy motorola anymore since they are both in the business of stealing.