Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
p_025
What's DOS?
Views: 179
Message 1 of 1

I'm done with Motorola phones

First and foremost, I'm sorry. This is my first post, and I had to register simply to say these things and to show Motorola exactly why they've lost another customer. I've been using Motorola phones for a while now, and the biggest trend I've been seeing is a large decline in the quality of their products. My first phone was rather nice, simple, easy enough to use, and the battery lasted quite long enough, even after two years.

When I got my first upgrade was when I started running into problems. This phone would be able to only have one tenth as many text messages in the in/out boxes as the older one, and the battery life was worse. The phone would get extremely slow if I kept more than ten pictures on it at a time. Worst of all, by the end of the two year period the battery could only last about five minutes on a voice call from a full charge.

Needless to say, when I first got my Devour I was very impressed. It was my first smartphone, and it was an Android. I hadn't fully realized what that meant for me at the time. Now that I have, however, I am shocked and appalled at the support this phone has received even after the countless complaints on these forums and elsewhere. This wouldn't be such a problem for me except the phone has Motorola's infamous locked bootloader! This means that not only are we stuck with an outdated version of Android, we can't even fix what we have! The Devour is still on Android 1.6, when Android 4 is slated to be released later this year. It's a good thing a rooting process was found for the Devour, or else this phone would be completely intolerable. Its stability increased greatly after I removed a lot of the bloatware after rooting.

I am eligible for upgrade again in December and I'm going to take it as soon as I can. I was looking into getting the Droid 3 but it too has the locked bootloader, which is too bad because I love that full QWERTY keyboard. If this is how Motorola treats their customers and their devices then I am simply not going to support either Motorola or their devices anymore. I work at a Target Mobile and I'm going to make sure people know about Motorola's terrible support for this phone, their policies on ALL their recent phones and their continual ignoring of the requests of their customers. Not only have you lost my future business but you may very well have lost the business of my customers as well.

I can only hope Motorola does the right thing and makes a nice 180 on their current course. Good day to you all.