Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlo5566
What's DOS?
Views: 101
Message 1 of 11

Moto- DEVOUR, it ships with 1.6

So what do you guys think about how this new Moto phone and how it ships with 1.6. It maybe a different chip-set or something, but if 2.1 is really as far off as some have speculated (April/May), wouldn't it be nice to get a 1.6 update during this waiting period? That would open a lot of doors... Google Nav, Google Goggles, and some other apps that need 1.6 or later.... Plus the DEVOUR also come with Adobe Flash Lite built into the browser, but if we don't get that with our 2.1 update I will not be a happy camper.... Or, if we did somehow get a 1.6 update 1st, and didn't get that adobe light plug-in... also a scenario for no happy camping ---> http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Mobile-Phones/ci.Motorola_DEVO...
jbcliq
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 11

Re: Moto- DEVOUR, it ships with 1.6

I got my Cliq a week ago, not to long after they announced that a 2.1 update was coming, already had to trade it for a replacement due to faulty battery. As I look to the future I can't help but feel the Cliq will be in the same boat as the G1 soon. even the MT3g has 1.6. We still have the Backflip to be released with "Android 1.5 (upgradable to Android 2.x)". I wonder how many more phones will be released with 1.5/1.6. They must really be having a hard time with motoblur and 2.x because they have had the 2.0 on the droid for months now.

coming from 1st gen iphone I do like the cliq, I just wish I could at least use the google nav though.

truckerdewd
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 11

The navigation via Google works fine on my Cliq and no I didn't receive the accidental update.
thundermax
Token Ring
Message 4 of 11

"They must really be having a hard time with motoblur and 2.x because they have had the 2.0 on the droid for months now."

Having 2.0 on the Droid is in no way related to being allowed to distibute/update phones with Blur on 2.1. It just further proves that there is an NDA to wait until a predetermined date to be allowed to release the update. We just need to wait for that date.

Charliet1010
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 11

I thought that 2.0 or 2.1 was released to the public a bit ago, and we still have to wait for the real release of 1.3.8 and then 2.1, its gonna be awhile, and now the Droid gets 2.1 within the next week.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 11

We have no choice but to wait and see . Also someone stated that the google nav was not working. Mine does and did before the 1.3.8 update. I use it now. It doesn't speak but shows the route and shows the text turn by turn.
arizdegenerate
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 11

I understand 2.1 is in the works but if there is a 1.6 with blur the cliq should see it before a new device does. CLIQ/DEXT owners helped launch motoblur and suffered the numerous bugs and should not see a new device on a competitors network one up the platform they helped launch
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 11

i highly doubt we will see a 1.6 BLUR OS on anything. my guess is that whatever comes out will be 1.5 and then upgraded to 2.? or launch as 2.?.

anything is possible but it wouldnt make sense to update BLUR to 1.6 to me unless it was already in the works for some phones coming out.

i have read on many places that the jump from 1.5 to 1.6 is like XP Home to XP Pro which isnt much but the jump from 1.5/1.6 to 2.? is like XP to 7 so there is a lot more to upgrading and most likely why there is a wait for it.

arizdegenerate
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 11

fletch,

Did you open the link that was provided in the first post. It is motorola's official page showing the devour shipping with 1.6.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 10 of 11

no i didnt see that thanks. guess my "unless it was already....." quote above fits then. hahaha

thanks