Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jhhw228
What's DOS?
Views: 551
Message 1 of 7

Motorola Media Link

are you guys having problems of syncing with it. I can not sync with it at all its pissing me off.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 7

Re: Motorola Media Link

can you give me some more details?

what OS are you using?

what is it doing or not doing?

Thanks

Jhhw228
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

i got windows xp ,

it won't connect to motorola  media link, it pops up a  screen saying to allow your phone to be recognized by your computer, make sure it is unlocked by entering the correct pattern or pin unlock code. After unlocking the phone, wait atleast 10 seconds to confirm it automatically connects to your computer.

if the phone is unlocked and does not connect follow  the 2 easy steps below,

1. Open the status bar and select usb connection

2. select "usb mass storage" click ok

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

there is no option for that, and i can connect to motorola portal so i know it is connected

MiZaR
Token Ring
Message 4 of 7

On your Devour open the status bar on top and pull it down and select USB connection then select Manage Memory Card< that's how i do it....

Jhhw228
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 7

the only problem is sometimes it does connect to it with that, like 1/10th of the time the other 9 it won't connect for the hell of it

richluhring
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 7

that is exactly what mine does and says only i had to read it in 2 sec intervals over a long timne..i am running win 7 ultimate 2 gig ram

mystro_38
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 7

Before opening Moto. Media Link it helps to set your phone USB connection to "USB Mass Storage". After connectiong the Usb cable between your computer and phone a USB icon appears in the status bar. Open the status bar (pull it down or tap Menu Key>Notifications) and tap the "USB Connection" notification. This opens a menu(Droid Pro). The default is "Charge Only". Tap "USB Mass Storage" and OK. Now launch Moto. Media Link and it will find the phone.

I am also running Win XP. The launch and scan appeared to take a while the first time on my system but are not much of an issue now. Have patience and check the following:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38080/p_country_code/US