Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angryGTS
What's DOS?
Views: 216
Message 1 of 22

Random Reboots

I have a friend that just got the Devour and she is enjoying it but the Devour randomly reboots, anyone else have this problem.  I have a Droid and I have read some people with Droid get random reboots with it as well, but I never have had a random reboot with it, just curious to what is causing it to help her.
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 2 of 22

Re: Random Reboots

Obviously that should not happen. If it's happening once a week, that may not be a big deal but if it's a couple of times a day that's different.

Can you provide any details about frequency? Is it truely random or does it happen during any particular kind of activity, charge level, etc.? Is she using the charger that came with the phone?

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
630nacole
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 22

I am having the same problem. It will just shut down when ever. I have not even had the phone 1 week. It  will do it when ever it wants, It goes to the all white screen that has the trademark m on it, then to the m with blur. You have to hold down the power button to get it to do the red verizon wireless screen......

Also . When I bought my phone the sales rep did not tell me he registered me to gmail. and now i can not get to do anything with my blur. when i try to add accounts it says error adding account please set up manually. then it asks for incoming pop mail server and outgoing smtp server... I have no clue...  this is even to try to set up my facebook account. I went in to 2 stores today and NEITHER of the stores sold the phone yet and did not know anything to help me... Does any one?

Motorola Admin
Message 4 of 22

630nacole, it sounds like you had a bad set-up in the store. I recommend you contact a Motorola agent for help. We'll fix you up!
Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
630nacole
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 22

thanks matt. will do. finally some who can help
Motorola Admin
Message 6 of 22

If they can't help, come back.
vwdriver67
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 22

im not having random reboots but every once in a while the phone will freeze on me i say at least 2 times a week. one time someone called me and the phone will ring real quick then that was it the phone will freeze and id have to reboot its happen a few times but i cant recall all the details ill update the next time it happens

Motorola Admin
Message 8 of 22

Thanks, vwdriver67 -- would be interested in getting more details if you see this.
vwdriver67
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 22

so i got a reboot this time and it was pretty much the same thing. I got a call and was able to answer it but once the call was over the screen froze and i couldnt do anything, when i hit the back button the phone would vibrate but that was it i tried to hit the power button but that did nothing. I moved the screen up and then boom restart.

also one other thing ive been seening is lets say im on the net(doesnt only happen when im on the net its happen when ive been doing other things)  with my phone and I hit the home button every once in a while ill get stuck between my home screens ( see pic.)  the screen u see there is between my main screen and one screen to the left of it and when i touch the empty part of the screen it takes me to my RSS feeds that are on my 2nd screen to the left of my home screen.  but once i hit the back button from there it takes me back to the normal home screen like it should

i really like this phone but these lil errors im getting are starting to bug and id hate to take this phone back

Motorola Admin
Message 10 of 22

vwdrover67, what's happening with your phone? Still rebooting?