Message 11 of 22

Re: Random Reboots

doesnt matter anymore the phone is going back today
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 153
Message 12 of 22

Dang. We want to get our hands on that phone but I don't want to hold you up.

Would you mind sending me that phone's MEID HEX number before you return it? We can then try to track it down. It will start with an A followed by a bunch of zeros.

Sorry about your problem.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
vwdriver67
What's DOS?
Message 13 of 22

i was more then happy to help you guys out but if i dont take the phone back be4 the 25th im gonna get stuck with it. the MEID is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (please remove this off the forms if it was a bad idea to post it here). off to best buy
mojocd
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 22

I have found no correlation between specific activity and the rebooting issue. It does catch your attention when the screen suddenly blacks out, then brightly lights up with the white M start screen. From what I can tell, it happens with my phone about 3-5 times a day, randomly.
Warren
802.11n
Message 15 of 22

Hi folks,

Matt, Mark, myself and others are looking into the issue.

Thanks,

Warren @ Moto

glynaoii
What's DOS?
Message 16 of 22

I've had similar power/charge/reboot problems w/ my new Devour. I took the 1st one to the Verizon store and after 20 min. w/ a service tech, they told me the phone was "defective." I exchanged it for a brand new one and immediately started having the same problems. After complaining about it w/ my husband (who happens to work for Moto) he mentioned having similar problems when he first got his Droid. He found (after fussing A LOT!) that his Droid seems extremely touchy about what charger he uses. The one that came with it seems to cause problems, but he's found a couple of others that have his phone working fine. I've since fussed around w/ the dozen or so micro USB chargers we now have, and I've found the same thing with my Devour. It doesn't like the EcoMoto charger it came with, but one of the others seems fine. (Not the same one that works w/ husband's Droid though!) This doesn't make sense to either of us, but it's seemed to solve both of our problems.
LFord533
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 22

Even after a factory reset to fix my v/m number issue (YEAH!) the phone is still randomly rebooting.  Sometimes it'll do it while it's plugged into the charger, sometimes it'll do it a few minutes after I've been playing with it, sometimes it'll do it when it's been sitting on my desk inactive for hours.  No rhyme or reason -- just when it feels like it. Have only ever made it through about a half-day without a reboot - never longer than that  Biggest problem that will cause issues with me keeping this phone is when it reboots during the night and thus my morning alarms don't go off.  Here's hoping this problem gets debugged and fixed soon.
jkebbekus
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 22

This occurs on my wife's Devour.  I have not identified a correlating action but it does seem to happen at the same time when she looses alert sounds.  Power off and on seems to resolve the audio issue and the recycle.
shrekscorp
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 22

Hi I've had my devour since February 18, 2011. Love the phone and got it as an upgrade

because wanted a smart phone but wanted a rugged phone. Asked the salesman and he

pointed me to the Devour. The only problem I have are the random reboots. Originally

thought it was because I was hitting the power button while sticking in my holster til one

day it was lying on the table and I reached to pick it up and touched the screen and it

rebooted. Have not had it reboot during a call or while on the internet but still preturbed

when it does. I use the phone for work and don't need it rebooting while waiting on

dispatch to call with a load. If there is a fix I would enjoy finding it. Thanks in advance.

frustratedmotob
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 22

I am also experiencing random reboots - sometimes 6 to 8 times a day. Verizon replaced my telephone 1 month after I purchased it due to random reboots - the diagnosis was that the telephone needed to be replaced. Now the problem is back. Verizon also diagosed the problem as needing to replace the telephone. A refurbished phone was sent to me today - I still have the problem after swapping the battery and SD card. So is this a battery problem?