Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laurendrucker
What's DOS?
Views: 166
Message 1 of 3

The upgrade attempt has encountered an error due to failed log in

I have the Devour and I'm trying to update to the new software.  I have gone to settings > about phone > system updates and I get the message, "The upgrade attempt has encountered an error due to failed log in.  Please try again later." 

I have tried again later, multiple times, and it never works.  My motoblur log-in info is correct, and all my accounts are listed under accounts (blur, facebook, twitter, google). 

Please help as this is only one of many problems I am currently having with this phone.

mightyorion
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 3

Re: The upgrade attempt has encountered an error due to failed log in

I would look on Motorola's website for detailed instructions on how to update your device. The link is : http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-EN/Android_Products/Software_Update_Landing_Page

I know that you can connect your device via the provided USB cable to your computer and a web troubleshooter application will give you options such as "Update My Software". Hope this helps, let us know what works!

Take it easy,

mightyorion

MiZaR
Token Ring
Message 3 of 3

Re: The upgrade attempt has encountered an error due to failed log in

Did you purchase this phone through Verizon, if so bring it in to an authorized Verizon dealer and have them take a look....