Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kasiski
What's DOS?
Views: 408
Message 1 of 5

this phone sucks

I am very disappointed with the quality of this phone. I have had it replaced and it comes back with the same problems. this phone come straight form Motorola  with stupid little problems like rebooting a few times a day and others stuff witch is vary annoying when i thought i was getting a quality phone. i have done some research and found out that there are tons of people on the internet with the same problems and have had it replaced and always comes back no different. i cant even believe Motorola would sell such a problematic cell phone. i am a fan of Motorola but if you cant replace my phone with a different one of the same value i will never buy Motorola again knowing you sell products like this to your costumers and tell them you cant do anything but give me a replacement of the same phone with the same problems.

mihajlovic1954
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 5

Re: this phone sucks

I agree, so, months ago a got from ebay a Droid1 and have not looked back.  I gave up complaining to Moto and Verizon, they pretty much ignord the complaints here, and on other boards.  Then, when the stopped updating the OS, I had had enough.

Best to move on - this phone is bad.

gengen
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 5

agreed! but glad to hear droid is better, i am worried since its still motorola

chuman72486
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 5

The Devour was supposed to be the "economy" phone.  It doesn't have any flashy features like the DroidX that was released around the same time.  It's just as powerful as the Droid 1, but with less memory, which is why it most likely won't get any 2.x version of the Android system.  The Devour wasn't built for all the high end abilities of the Android system.  It was more meant to be something for teens to keep up with Facebook and email and IM and maybe some basic games.  It has the Google Maps program, but wasn't built to use the Navigator and tends to run out of memory, which is why many people will notice the map part of the navigator freezing shortly after starting the trip.

Put simply, this is a matter of "you get what you paid for".  You bought the cheapest Android Verizon offered that was recent and got exactly that, a cheap new phone.  You can't expect to do the things a Mustang can do in a low end Focus, so why would you expect that from the low end Devour?  (This is no offense to Focus owners, just a comparison)

If you want a phone that can do all the things you're hoping for, put a little money out there.  I recently traded in my Devour at RadioShack for the Samsung Epic 4G (on Sprint, they're cheaper and just as good of service) and only paid about $30 for it, after the instant rebates and the trade in value of the Devour.  My Epic does absolutely everything.  Android 2.2, front and back cameras, tons of memory, came with a 16GB SD card, and lots more.  And if you like MotoBlur, go for an Atrix or one of the newer Droids.  Droid 2 is nice with the slide out keyboard (something I think all phones should have... I hate touch screen keyboards)

ba_1956
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 5

I have a motorola touch droid and it just wastes my time. The only way I can add a new contact without getting the thing in some sort of unfamiliar menu path is to use the computer hook-up. It's a time waster. It sucks.