Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 21 of 40 (131 Views)

Re: Bell Mobility DEXT getting 2.1 upgrade?

omote, is it possible to check the version of your baseband ? i'm from brazil and having issues with my 3G connection, since Claro Brazil, uses 850mhz, just like Bell Mobility..

If it's 76XXC-63805025-SDCBALUM or 76XXC-63805030-SDCBALUM , could you send me your radio.img ?

best regards, Mario

What's DOS?
Message 22 of 40 (131 Views)

Oh Canada, oh Canada. My heart soars as I hear this amazing news. You are "currently under evaluation". The power and the glory. Please accept these joyful congratualations from all your Dext loving friends in the Commonwealth. Oh Canada, oh Canada. Proud land of the mountie. This is a fine day. An historic day. Thank you Motorola. Thank you Mark. God Bless You!

What's DOS?
Message 23 of 40 (131 Views)

Mario Grigioni wrote:

omote, is it possible to check the version of your baseband ? i'm from brazil and having issues with my 3G connection, since Claro Brazil, uses 850mhz, just like Bell Mobility..

If it's 76XXC-63805025-SDCBALUM or 76XXC-63805030-SDCBALUM , could you send me your radio.img ?

best regards, Mario

Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge or tools to help you with what you're requesting, sorry.

What's DOS?
Message 24 of 40 (131 Views)

Look in all honesty we may be "under evaluation" but how long has other phones on that list been under evaluation? Then they have been changed to expecting upgrades. Frankly, after this is over I am never getting another Moto phone. They don't look after their customers. They don't care about their customers. Exactly why they will be losing customers.

What's DOS?
Message 25 of 40 (131 Views)

Canada
BACKFLIP (Canada)Will remain on Android 1.5 for the best combined hardware and software experience
DEXT (Canada)

Will remain on Android 1.5 for the best combined hardware and software experience

QUENCH (Canada)Will remain on Android 1.5 for the best combined hardware and software experience

Well looks like it's official now.

Can't say I'm happy with this outcome but I'm not surprised either.  Upgrades cost money and I doubt Bell wanted to spend the cash to localize the update (i.e.: add French for those who require it) or produce training materials for their staff.  I don't have any ill will towards Motorola, the forum mods or anyone else really but I am disappointed that we aren't being offered an official update to the newer operating system.

I still would like to see an update to the camera application that properly stores the geolocation data in the EXIF information of pictures taken with the phone.

What's DOS?
Message 26 of 40 (131 Views)

Wow, really feel for you guys, shafted by moto too, welcome to the club.  Surely this means the best combined hardware and software experience for the dext and therefore the cliq globally is 1.5 so no one will get the upgrade, hang on a minute I'm forgetting myself the USA is on a different planet to the rest of us second rate moto customers.

Later....

Saqqara

What's DOS?
Message 27 of 40 (131 Views)

What a cash-grab.   I bought this pphone for the front camera as I was told that it would be workign witht he upcomign upgrade.  Now it is not coming.  If I had of known that I would ahve just held off or bought a different phone.

Bulls$*t

What's DOS?
Message 28 of 40 (131 Views)

I'm in the same boat with my Backflip and Telus. When I bought it 6 weeks ago I was told that it was getting the 2.1. Now I find out its not. From what I've rear the carrier hasto buy the upgrade off of Motorola and the Canadian carriers have chosen not to. If I had known it would get the 2.1 I would have got a different phone like the Milestone.

I'm less than 2 months into a 3yr contract. If its already not going to be supported imagine what it it will be like in a year or two?!?! I already cann't get apps I want because I'm stuck with 1.5. Like Kobo. I can just imagine how many apps are going to be released for 1.5 from here on...... Not a lot!

I'm asking Telus to take back the backflip and let me get a Milestone. I much prefer the backflip over the bulky Milestone but am not going to stay with a phone that is already showing signs of being obsolete.....

What's DOS?
Message 29 of 40 (131 Views)

we can feel ur pain. Urm, i recommend that u wait for the offical backflip update to come to US users. Developers would then either upload the source code online or integrate them wif their custom roms. The dext and the backflip are not really that bad, in fact i kinda like the design. Too bad there wont be any offical update for us.

Regards,

Raynold

What's DOS?
Message 30 of 40 (131 Views)

That is an option I've considerd but it would void my warrenty and who knows what problems using a US carrier's software on my phone would cause connecting to a Canadian carrier.

Call your carrier and complain. Escalate it to the highest level you can. Never know if we make enough noise....