Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 17 (244 Views)

DEXT: Can't get passed start up!

So I have received my new Dext today, it forces me to go through 'The Blur' service. But once I have entered my details and pressed confirm I get one of two messages, either "The Blur service is temporarily unavailable" or "There is a problem with the clock on the device. Please contact customer service", I contacted customer service but they have been pretty useless in sorting out this issue!

Is there any way of getting in to the phone without completing this process?

What's DOS?
Message 2 of 17 (244 Views)

Re: DEXT: Can't get passed start up!

Are you trying to register though the data connection or through wi-fi? If you are trying via the data connection, by pressing and holding the top right hand side button you can turn on wi-fi. Maybe it will work better over wi-fi as there may be an issue with your data settings, or sim card not activated. Sorry I don't know a way to bypass it as I just filled out the fields and I assume you tried pressing back and home buttons. Hope this helps - Matt
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 17 (244 Views)

Hi, tried using my Wi-fi connection but still comes up with both of the issues!

Motorola still have not responded! Orange said there should be a way to override 'The Blur' service, but didn't know how!

Motorola Admin
Message 4 of 17 (244 Views)

Hi. There is no current way to use the device without MOTOBLUR, so that was not great information.Besides that, BLUR is pretty great -- you want it if you can get it.

Have you tried this in a location where you know you get a good signal? Because if you can't get time or connect with BLUR, it sounds like your phone isn't connecting to the network. My first thought -- without knowing how difficult this might be for you -- is to recommend you go back to the store and get them to either help you set it up or exchange it. Is that possible?

What's DOS?
Message 5 of 17 (244 Views)

Yes, I agree with Matt on this.  Motorola is encouraging all carriers to help the customers in the store when purchasing Cliq/Dext to set up Blur with customer in store.  This way if there are any device malfunctions, exchanges can be handled immediately so that you don't have to experience this frustration.  It sounds to me that the device is malfunctioning, and I would exchange for another device.  The Blur set-up is a seamless process and you should not be experiencing this regardless of wifi or carrier network issues.  Hope this helps!
Moto Emeritus
Message 6 of 17 (244 Views)

Grosvenor-

Is your issue resolved? If you resolved it yourself can you please click the Answered box at the top of the thread or if someone else has graciously assisted you, can you please click the Correct or Helpful Answer buttons in their response. This helps the threads stand out in search for others looking for the same answers. Additionally marking the response that provides help makes the answer stick out in the thread.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 17 (244 Views)

Hey,

I just got my Dext and have the same problema with the mobile. Thinks are more difficult for me since I bought the mobile in the USA and brought it to Brazil.

I went to a Motorola store here and they said they´ll probably have to put another software in the phone. Is it possible to make a free download of this software?

Bruna

Moto Emeritus
Message 8 of 17 (244 Views)

You need to be on 3G or WiFi to establish an account.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 9 of 17 (244 Views)

I am on Wifi connection. When I go through the process of putting name, e-mail and password, it returns saying that there´s a problem with the clock device. Please, contact customer service.

I just want to know if this is a problem with configuration, that could be solved with a software, or if this a problem with the apparel, and I should send it back to USA and return it to Amazon. 

Moto Emeritus
Message 10 of 17 (244 Views)

@bruna.mara

Do you have an active SIM in the phone?  The phone needs to connect up to the cell towers before you go through MOTOBLUR setup in order to set the network time on the device.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee