Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Moto Emeritus
Message 1 of 74 (176 Views)

DEXT: Official MOTOBLUR Happenings, News, Entertainment Widget Issues Discussion.

There are a variety of DEXT threads for this issue. In an effort to attempt to assist you better I'd like to consolidate all the threads into this one so I can notify the appropriate people when you experience issues.

This thread is only for reporting MOTOBLUR related issues so let's keep it organized. I'll need the following information to properly add you to any tickets I open.

1. Ensure that your IMEI on your forum profile matches the IMEI on the device you are currently using. If you've exchanged your phone it won't be the right information for our team to investigate you if we can't find you in our system. DO NOT post your IMEI here.

2. Try to use your MOTOBLUR ID as your forum profile email address. It's also good to have your MOTOBLUR ID(your valid email address) as your forum email address as this gives us another piece of information to search against to attempt to resolve your issue. DO NOT post your MOTOBLUR ID here

3. Identify what information isn't being delivered. Happenings(Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Orkut, etc.) News(BBC, etc), Entertainment(list providers)

4. Last time Widget updated: Date, time and time zone

If you have the CLIQ please post on this thread: CLIQ: Official MOTOBLUR Happenings, News, Entertainment Widget Issues Discussion.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 74 (176 Views)

Re: DEXT: Official MOTOBLUR Happenings, News, Entertainment Widget Issues Discussion.

my news widgets and happenings ain't updating since last week. pls do raise a ticket for me.
Moto Emeritus
Message 3 of 74 (176 Views)

Re: DEXT: Official MOTOBLUR Happenings, News, Entertainment Widget Issues Discussion.

@femolystic

Done, Thanks!

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 74 (176 Views)

thanks. my happenings now updates but my news and entertainment still does not update. i also noticed i cannot suscribe to more news feeds as i used to. could you pls help? thanks.
Moto Emeritus
Message 5 of 74 (176 Views)

@femolystic

Can you power your phone off and then back on to see if it helps your news/entertainment. Glad to hear that happenings is working now.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 6 of 74 (176 Views)

i did power off and on the phone. the news and entertainment widgets are still not updating. many thanks for your support.
Moto Emeritus
Message 7 of 74 (176 Views)

@femolystic

Please delete the News and Entertainment widgets. Power the phone off and then back on and then add the widgets back.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 74 (176 Views)

Hello,

Dext, latest updates. I keep getting the service main issue, specifically:

"The process com.motorola.blur.service.main has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again."

It's a new phone, I've had it for a few weeks now.  It was brand new, and from Optus.  What can I do to get this fixed?  It's highly annoying.

What's DOS?
Message 9 of 74 (176 Views)

Optus here also, identical problem.  4 days of use (and abuse!) my phone got of me resetting (well, it can't be reset- create a new email address, start again) my motoblur account, deleting contacts, creating new accounts, adding and deleting social networking sites etc, before I finally had the phone working to something that resembled a working phone- i.e. contacts mostly right (after having to resort to putting my sensitive work contacts on gmail), crashing only on bootup with a handful of that "The process com.motorola.blur.service.main has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again" message.. .oh, and when going between wifi and 3G(my 3G coverage in my home is sometimes poor, I expected the phone to cope with 2G & wifi and 3G seamlessly, but it seemed every time the 3G icon disappeared, it gave the motorola.blur process crash again), phone auto-rebooted only once.. that I noticed...

And then, only 4days from cracking that shiny new box open, the phone got stuck at 50% charging (8hours of charging and still 50%), and died later in the day (without battery low warning, hardly suprising setting the phone thought it was stuck at 50%), and refused to charge or switch on.   Biggest piece of junk I have owned (I have owned Nokia's all my life, thought I would jump on the Android bandwagon given I was getting the phone for a good price from Optus), I hope whenever Optus World gets it back to me I have none of these issues, but I doubt it, given google gets me to these forums with oodles of people getting this very same error.

Thanks to doing the factory reset once and new profile creating once, I downloaded games etc in the market so many times after all the resets I did over those 4 days, I could almost do it blind folded...  what a pain, and 1/2 of this was over 3G (including the firmware upgrade), I pleaded with Optus that given the phone is a junker (or the battery, who knows?) and that whatever I get back, I would have to do all the setup again (I managed to power it up for enough time to do a factory reset just before handing it back to Optus), to re-imburse my huge 3G data charges I am sure they will hit me with this month.. but they don't understand the pain this phone has caused me..

I found the only way to stop this silly process crash error was to remove twitter and facebook account info.   Once I did that, the phone never gave the error on startup, but not much use without those 2 apps.   Everytime I added any social networking accounts (and even email accounts), it would give that same crash error (right as it asked the question about which default image/thumbnail I wanted to use) but seemed to work after that, albeit with having to restart the phone each time I added a new account to get it to synch up/show the contacts (so not entirely sure the few hours I was happy with it before it died that it was maintaining synch).

Surely it shouldn't be this difficult?

And to top this off, I fiddled with one in an Optus World store, no crashing.   But no social networking accounts were set up on it either....

(Optus World refused to try a different battery in mine to see if it was a battery issue or phone issue, which was a shame given they had piles of the things sitting there... grr, and sent the phone back to be analysed wrapped in a slip of paper with an elastic band, I had brought it back nicely packed and had only peeled the screen sticker off the day before.. grr grr).

Regards

Message was edited by: tonymobile01

edit #200:
Software Version
Blur_Version.1.2.7.MB200.Optus.en.AU is indicated in my Motoblur profile at the moment, I presume this is still correct.

Message was edited by: tonymobile01

Moto Emeritus
Message 10 of 74 (176 Views)

@tonymobile01 and alienresidents

Thanks for posting. I've added you to the ticket.

To others posting here. Please stick to the rules of this post found in the root post.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee