Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Moto Emeritus
Message 11 of 74 (140 Views)

Re: DEXT: Official MOTOBLUR Happenings, News, Entertainment Widget Issues Discussion.

@Tonymobile01/alienresidents

Actually our MOTOBLUR guys are already aware of this and are working on a fix. I'll let you know when the fix is complete.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 12 of 74 (140 Views)

Re: DEXT: Official MOTOBLUR Happenings, News, Entertainment Widget Issues Discussion.

Wow, thanks for your (quick) assistance, I really hope you can get to the bottom of these crashes, they were my very first experience of this phone(I setup a motoblur profile from Optus about 2 days before I got the phone, so once the phone booted, crash crash crash many times), and obviously didn't leave a good impression as a first impression (no-one else I know has one of these).  I spent a good deal of the 4days I got use out of it (before the battery/charging thing) doing all sorts of profile rebuilds etc to try to get my contacts sorted out (the CSV import for motoblur is *louuuuuusy* only picking up the first 2 columns of the CSV file exported from outlook, and with no options to purge these from the phone interface or the my Motoblur, had to resort to 3rd party apps to purge 350+contacts from the phone), and it took an eternity to manage to work out how to recover from this initial blunder of doing the import (ended up giving up and making a new profile, as things weren't synching up at all, and resorting to using gmail and its import function, something I never had to do to get my Nokia N95 synched nicely with outlook)...  I would hate to imagine how a non-techo would be able to deal with all this!

Message was edited by: tonymobile01

Moto Emeritus
Message 13 of 74 (140 Views)

@tonymobile01

In future versions of the MOTOBLUR Portal there may be functionality for contacts management.

Mark

Support Forums Management

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 74 (140 Views)

"In future versions of the MOTOBLUR Portal there may be functionality for  contacts management."

Thanks Mark, you must be a forum addict, I see your posts all over ;-).  I really hope for this, I think the intermediate import through gmail is not something some people can do for both privacy reasons, bandwidth reasons (roaming/etc, 3G roaming costs a fortune) etc.   Although I guess it will always be an online thing thru motoblur, and never a direct to phone thing like most other (non android?) phones.   My exposure to android has been very little, in fact, I had only heard the name a few months ago, and not seen anyone with a phone running android back-end, so really had no idea what I was getting myself into getting this phone ;-)

Moto Emeritus
Message 15 of 74 (140 Views)

@Tonymobile01

Forum addict?  Matt and I are community Managers. We're consumers who happen to work for the company.

If you're looking for an Outlook Sync Solution there is The Missing Sync and CompanionLink. Neither of which Motorola develops. Please see this post for more information. This is a phone intended to sync to a "Cloud" so cable sync wasn't really intended.

Lets keep this thread to MOTOBLUR issues and not get off on tangential conversations. Make sure you search before you post as many solutions already exist.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
Moto Emeritus
Message 16 of 74 (140 Views)

Update. They're continuing to work on this issue. I'll update you when we are close to rolling out a fix.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 17 of 74 (140 Views)

Hi mark,

With Optus, and just had the phone for about 24 hours... and it's already been constantly showing the main error message "The process com.motorola.blur.service.main has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again."

Otherwise, still having fun working out the odds and ends of the phone...

Could you please lodge a ticket for me?

What's DOS?
Message 18 of 74 (140 Views)

Hi Mark,

I've literally just held my new Motorola DEXT for 5 hours (Just got it today). I've linked my Facebook account with MotoBLUR, it said it may take around 30mins to fully sync with my phone. 5 hours later i noticed that none of my Facebook contacts have any photos on their profile which also don't show on the Happenings widget. Also my RSS feed from News.com.au is not updating. Please help.

What's DOS?
Message 19 of 74 (140 Views)

Welcome to my world.  It took me 4 days of deleting and rebuilding various accounts and profiles and the like before I could get a good enough synch that had all my contacts.   I found one trick was when you add an account (and get the silly crash when you add the account right after it asks you the question about the default image to take), was to power off the phone, and power it back on again.   Don't add all your accounts in one hit, it seems everytime you add an account, you need to reboot the phone for the contacts to begin to synch.   Part of my synch problems is possibly because I did delete some of the accounts to re-add them, it seems once you delete an account, it won't resynch again when you add that account back unless you hit it with a bit of a sledgehammer (factory defaults).

Other issues I forgot to add, similar to your RSS feed issues, is the "motolounge" seemed to be down 95% of the time (something about not being activated for your service provider) but on the rare occassion I did get the news web page up that I had clicked on from the news feed on the home page (it seems to push these thru the motolounge page?  I don't have my phone with me now to exactly give the right names/details, the phone appears to still be in repair with Optus last I heard).

I can't believe Optus is selling these things now with all the problems they are having.   They have only just begun selling them, they will be superceded before Motorola even gets this software issue sorted out .  They only seem to work ok if you don't add any social accounts, which kind of defeats the purpose of the phone.

Regards

Message was edited by: tonymobile01

What's DOS?
Message 20 of 74 (140 Views)

I'm pleased to say that everything is working perfectly fine now. I just removed my Facebook account from BLUR and re-entered it, then all the pictures started appearing. I'm going to join one of the few to say I'm very pleased with this phone. Let's just hope it's smooth sailing from here on. Now if 2.1 or.. God willing... 2.2 make an appearance on this phone then i'll be that much more impressed.