Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Moto Emeritus
Message 31 of 74 (175 Views)

Re: DEXT: Official MOTOBLUR Happenings, News, Entertainment Widget Issues Discussion.

@reikolain

Can you confirm if you are still experiencing and issue with Force Close errors?

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 32 of 74 (175 Views)

Re: DEXT: Official MOTOBLUR Happenings, News, Entertainment Widget Issues Discussion.

hi Mark,

I can definitely confirm that I am indeed still experiencing force close errors everyday.

I can't send MMS's even through the set up and changing the APN to match Optus, it just so happens that everytime i try to send an MMS, I experience multitudes of force close errors (can't receive any MMS's either). I also experience the force close error when i'm about to receive phone calls as well.... amongst many other activities that involves daily use of DEXT including scrolling over the desktop or opening the text messaging box....

Cheers

Moto Emeritus
Message 33 of 74 (175 Views)

Reikolain

Thanks for confirming. I'll circle back with them. Are any of the instances where you are getting force closes resolved while other instances remain? Or has the situation remained exactly the same?

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 34 of 74 (175 Views)

unfortunately everything seems to remain the same. =(

Thanks for circling back for me.

What's DOS?
Message 35 of 74 (175 Views)

Any updates please?   The phone is barely usable.  Regards

Moto Emeritus
Message 36 of 74 (175 Views)

@all

The similar issue you were reporting I believe was resolved. I am opening the ticket back up for further investigation.

@Tonymobile01 Saw your comments in another thread. I'll comment there.

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 37 of 74 (175 Views)

@reikolain "it just so happens that everytime i try to send an MMS, I experience multitudes of force close errors (can't receive any MMS's either)"

Yep, same problem, but only when I send an MMS to an email address.   When I send it to a phone number it is OK.   I seem to be able to receive MMS messages sent to myself (phone number I mean) OK (when the phone is connected). I really really hope this Motorola Philippines support lady wasn't pulling my chain when she said an update was coming and we would get it from next Thursday night.

Mark, how exactly was it resolved when the problem is in the firmware/software of our phones, and our phones haven't had a software update since the day we powered them on out of the box (well, just the initial upgrade offered out of the box)?

What's DOS?
Message 38 of 74 (175 Views)

Hi, what does it take to have the main screen weather widget actually show the current temp/conditions? For some reason I now have to open it up to get it to refesh (I.e. shows the last time it fetched/updated which matches the last time I opened it)?  Also when are we getting the promised update from the ancient 1.2.7 that is buggy as anything(quick messaging app crashes when trying to go into messages for facebook/twitter/Myspace, main motoblur crashes regularly when network changes when fb/twitter/ms set up also)?  This phone is nearly useless as is, and it seems we are getting no support.  The phone has a Motorola logo on it, so we deserve the same level of support as across the Pacific.

What's DOS?
Message 39 of 74 (175 Views)

Tonymobile - you are still having big issues with the phone just like me.

My force close errors have stopped which I am happy about.  Spoke to some Motorola support dude overseas that could speak English.

I still can't use 3G at home and cannot send MMS.  My weather thingy and facebook happenings aren't current either.  I can't watch Youtube and sometimes can't expand on News stories.  Not happy

I am wondering maybe its Optus??????  Or the settings in the phone are for US and not suitable for us in Australia?

They should not make this phone available in Australia if it doesn't work properly.

What's DOS?
Message 40 of 74 (175 Views)

Amzmobile-  same here. My mms is useless. I've gone to just taking the photos, log onto my gmail, and sending it as an attachment.

My force errors are still popping up no matter where i go (i.e. text msgs, going from screen to screen etc.) how did u manage to get it fixed???

Do u know if  Optus does any support on it??