Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 41 of 74 (103 Views)

Re: DEXT: Official MOTOBLUR Happenings, News, Entertainment Widget Issues Discussion.

Hi Reikolain - I went down to Optus to complain, they didn't know how to fix it so I called the Motorola Support people while I was there. 

The Motorola dude I spoke to (thank god he could speak decent English) instructed me to do all of these things on the phone.  It wiped everything I had put in there, my accounts, phone numbers, everything. For the life of me cannot remember what I did but it took at least 10 mins and I think he had some sort of access to it because he was doing things his end as well.

Then after that the force close errors ceased so I was very happy with that but as time has gone on there are still little problems that are annoying   One of which is purchasing a ring tone and not being able to find it anywhere!  Optus couldn't even help me find it.

Anyway, if you haven't already done so, give Support a call and make sure you have your battery charged and a bit of time to spare. I think this is their number 1300 724 406.

What's DOS?
Message 42 of 74 (103 Views)

Re: DEXT: Official MOTOBLUR Happenings, News, Entertainment Widget Issues Discussion.

Do you have any social networking accounts setup? This is the issue, purge facebook, myspace and twitter and notice there are no more force close messages... but defeats the purpose of motoblur without that.

Regards,

Tony

Connected by defective Optus 1.2.7MOTOBLUR™

What's DOS?
Message 43 of 74 (103 Views)

Hi Mark. Im having problems with Happenings Widget. Is not showing Twitter updates, im only getting facebook updates.

Moto Emeritus
Message 44 of 74 (103 Views)

@rasecrmz

There is a known issue with twitter api. We're working with them to resolve. http://status.twitter.com

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 45 of 74 (103 Views)

Ook. Thanks for the info!

What's DOS?
Message 46 of 74 (103 Views)

Hi Mark,

Yesterday I noticed that my Status Update widget stopped working properly. I have my Facebook and Twitter accounts on it and everytime I set a status on All Services only my Twitter updates and not my Facebook. I tried the same thing on my sister's Quench and her Facebook status would not update through the widget either. I'm guessing the problem lies on the Motoblur servers?

Please help!

Moto Emeritus
Message 47 of 74 (103 Views)

@squall_boy

Yeah I'll take a look and put some notes in for the blur engineers. Is your sis on the site as well? If so, what's her username?

Mark

Support Forums Manager

Mark
Former Employee
What's DOS?
Message 48 of 74 (103 Views)

Hi Mark,

As with others that have posted here I am with Optus and had the Motorola Dext for 6 weeks and constantly have been dealing with themain error message "The process com.motorola.blur.service.main has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again."

I have rebooted the phone, via a process I found on another thread but unfortunately it made no difference.

I am still working my way around the phone and enjoying the experience (apart from the error message).

Could you please lodge a ticket for me too?

Thanks for all of the assistance given on the message boards to date.

What's DOS?
Message 49 of 74 (103 Views)

The annoyances with this error is two-fold

1. You can't do anything on the phone until you clear down the multiple force closes (I think I get one per social networking account setup... and obviously buckets of them when network coverage is random)

and

2.  When you are trying to do anything related to blur, even reading an email, you get taken back to the home screen after the crash, and so have to go back and find the email you were reading at the time again and again and again until the network becomes stable (I have found I have to hold the phone by the top of the phone aka iphone to get the best coverage)

Regards,

Tony

Connected by defective Optus DEXT 1.2.7 MOTOBLUR™

Given I was blatantly lied to by Philippines Motorola Support (about a Motoblur update coming last Thursday for us), I advise anyone on Optus considering getting one of these phones to avoid them at all cost, they are very poorly supported here..this issue has been around since April and no indication of a fix or even acknowledgement the issue exists by moto support.  It appears no-one is willing to agree this is an issue where it counts, i.e. Motorola, and without their support you can kiss getting this handset running smoothly goodbye.   Another thing you will have to do is charge these up a good 4 or more hours a day to have it run 24hours.   Mine lives on a charger when I am at home and work, it is sucking the battery dry very quickly, probably all these force close errors make it very unstable and thus it chews the juice.  Who knows, with zero real support apart from "you can factory reset it"... you won't get anywhere.   I have done multiple factory resets, the moment you add a social networking account (facebook, myspace, twitter) you will get these problems, and these networks are what this phone was meant to excel at.

Message was edited by: tonymobile01

What's DOS?
Message 50 of 74 (103 Views)

Well, I just spoke with support again, and they got quite rude this time (as I was quite insistent that this phone has issues in this country and no-one is believing this), but they said that if I provide them with proof of purchase, they will provide details and support to completely delete my motoblur account, and this will fix the issue (hahaha... I have already done a factory reset on the phone using both the menu, and the 3 fingered bootup method, and created a new motoblur account ages ago, it didn't fix this).   She insisted that all my issues are to do with Motoblur, and doing a full motoblur account reset from their server end will be the magic solution to all my issues.

I started to rattle off the other issues the phone has (universal inbox no prev-next buttons, camera app not tagging GPS etc) but she was pretty much pushing the "the whole issue is your motoblur and when you provide your details, the motoblur team will fix this, this is *the* solution and we assure you it will fix your problems"... oh dear.    I asked if they were providing a tool to backup all my call logs, SMS, and other info also, as doing these resets and losing this info is really pathetic.

This has really tainted my whole android opinion, that is for sure.   I was shocked at just how many things I took for granted on my Nokia N95 this DEXT doesn't have (bluetooth synching of photos, videos, mp3s, emails, contacts, etc to your pc, a working GPS for navigation, email that polls regularly and doesn't suck the battery dry, voice dialling over bluetooth, fast searching of phonebook that retrieves contact info in a sensible order,  a real camera that takes infinitely better shots than the so-called 5megapixel blur quality photos of the DEXT,  data usage controllable per app, good for roaming when you still want to use the odd bit of data, etc etc etc etc).   The only nice thing about this phone is the screen is twice the size of the Nokia, and sometimes (when the links are not too tiny) it is nice to touch screen when browsing (when you don't accidentally click a link while scrolling grr grr).  Oh, and the keyboard, the reason I bought this phone, is pretty good too.  Shame that there is no d-pad like option for when the keyboard is closed, as this would be nicer to scroll around sometimes than the accidental link click when trying to slide scroll, and believe me, I looked high and low in the market for this, thankfully I got a T9 keypad app from the market to make typing while on the move and when the keyboard is not open much easier than the mega-tiny soft-buttons (with subtle dead spots closer to the right hand side of the screen for me that requires very very careful touching to get the right thing clicked, where as a soft-keypad with T9 was a nice, almost Nokia like experience for data-entry on the move.

I guess you can see I am a bit peeved here.